EWARM keeps building project, refuse to download.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWARM keeps building project, refuse to download.

Jump to solution
kai_liu
Senior Contributor I

I downloaded latest Freescale USB stack v4.1.1 to compare its source to v4.0.3 for evaluating the improvement. After installation, I found my EWARM operates wired.

The normal process is:

• Open one project (EWW), modify some configurations like debugger and etc.
  • Rebuild project
  • Download and debug

Current issue is:

No matter I use "Make", "Clean",Rebuild", the FLASH\OBJ files will be generated contionously.

For example, I "clean" project, it reports clean. Then I clean gain, it shows more files can be cleaned.

So I watch the these folders. When I cleaned the source, it is empty, then the objects files appears again !

When I try to download, the red * marks the objects are dirty. EWARM starts to build and build and refuse to download.

I realized that is a virus or malware. Maybe it is related to new USB stack (since it is the one of the downloaded files yesterday), maybe not.

But it is really a bad news for me, I have to reinstall OS if all the AVs are failed to found out.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution
kai_liu
Senior Contributor I

Hi, Hui Ma,

Thanks for your following.

It was a disaster caused by router/browser hijack. It is nothing to do with Freescale. You can remove the thread or mark it as off-topic.

Anyway I can share my experience here.

When I tried to download Freescale v4.1.1 installer.exe,my browser downloaded a file called hKAV....exe, a malware faking KingSoft Anti-virus installer. I uninstalled it and doubted if I clicked a wrong link, actually I didn't.

Then I downloaded Freescale USB installer again. This time it downloaded the desired file. After that, I found PC worked in a wrong way. The start up menu always showed "New program installed", and most of the programs were marked and highlighted as newly installed. And most importantly, EWARM, Keil, GNU always think source files are newer than objects files. Even manually removing objects files, they were generated again. So they built and built, refused to download and debug. F***!

I double checked and tried to download any executives from other sites. The browser always downloaded the malware, and then the correct ones. So either router or browser were hijacked.

By scanning my PC with multiple Anti-virus tools for serveral days, because there are too many files I can not give up. Before I giving up and try to reinstall everything, I finally removed it.

The most helpful tool is COMODO security disk.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Could you let me know which USB stack v4.1.1 project demo you are using?

And could you let me know what is your IAR EWARM version?

I could try that project on my pc.

0 Kudos
kai_liu
Senior Contributor I

Hi, Hui Ma,

Thanks for your following.

It was a disaster caused by router/browser hijack. It is nothing to do with Freescale. You can remove the thread or mark it as off-topic.

Anyway I can share my experience here.

When I tried to download Freescale v4.1.1 installer.exe,my browser downloaded a file called hKAV....exe, a malware faking KingSoft Anti-virus installer. I uninstalled it and doubted if I clicked a wrong link, actually I didn't.

Then I downloaded Freescale USB installer again. This time it downloaded the desired file. After that, I found PC worked in a wrong way. The start up menu always showed "New program installed", and most of the programs were marked and highlighted as newly installed. And most importantly, EWARM, Keil, GNU always think source files are newer than objects files. Even manually removing objects files, they were generated again. So they built and built, refused to download and debug. F***!

I double checked and tried to download any executives from other sites. The browser always downloaded the malware, and then the correct ones. So either router or browser were hijacked.

By scanning my PC with multiple Anti-virus tools for serveral days, because there are too many files I can not give up. Before I giving up and try to reinstall everything, I finally removed it.

The most helpful tool is COMODO security disk.