cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial communication to MKW01Z128

mircopizzichini
Contributor III

Hi

I'm trying to interface MKW01Z128 to my MCU. Using the radio utility GUI, I test a basic point-to-point communication. I want to port this terminal emulator to my MCU, (or to another desktop software), so tell me if I'm wrong: I think it's enough to know the serial configuration (baud rate, parity, etc) and the way the radio parameters are passed, so I need the serial commands to set and activate radio operations. Where can I found some documentation about?

Thank you

Mirco

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

KW01 product UART modules is same with KL46 product UART modules, I would recommend customer to download and refer KL46 UART example code with below link:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/software/KL46_SC.exe

Wish it help.

best regards,
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mircopizzichini
Contributor III

Thank you for your response.

My problem is not in configuring UART module, but understand if and how I can use KW01 as a modem. I wouldn't change prebuilt firmware, but I'd want to select radio parameters using UART messages, as done with Radio Utility GUI.

Reading source code (PacketHandler.c and RadioUtility.c) I've found a simple "switch case" construct, filtering the first byte of UART message, that selects the right parameter to change. I'll follow this way to realize my application.

If I have further problems, I'll write it here.

Thank you

0 Kudos