Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem launching debug session in MCUXpresso

Jump to solution
davithakobyan
Contributor III

Hi,

I have a project for MK10DN512VLL10 and have to the best of my knowledge properly configured Debug settings (with Device type: MK10DN512VLL10, Segger J-Link SWD debugger, etc.) in my MCUXpresso IDE v11.4.0 [Build 6224] [2021-07-15].

However, when I start the debugger the following window pops up:

davithakobyan_0-1631602799020.png

The details debug log is attached.

Using the Segger's J-Flash I can flash the binary to MCU, but not using the MCUXpresso.

The JLink debugger page in Debug Configuration looks like the following:

davithakobyan_1-1631603151098.png

Could NXP support help to resolve the problem?

Thanks a lot for any help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
davithakobyan
Contributor III

A resolution was to export the debugging settings from a working sample project into a *.launch file and to import it back again to the project of interest with some minor changes like project and binary names.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

I'm not sure, but I think something might be missing in your manual launch configuration. I suggest that you create a project from/with the SDK and try debugging it: this shall work. And then you can compare your manual launch configuration with the generated one.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
davithakobyan
Contributor III

When I create a sample project i can, in principle, start the debugger using the blue button. It works.

I have created a new project of type "Makefile project with existing code" and using the green button have configured my project similar to the one in the sample project. The project is still built externally.

I have read in other forum thread that in MCUXpresso one should not use the green button for debugging. However, when i press the blue button recognizes the Segger JLink probe but then shows "No binaries found in 'Project'".

Does this mean that the path to the binary specified in the Debug Configuration window (via the green button) is not seen by the blue button? How should one make the path to the binary available to the blue button?

0 Kudos
davithakobyan
Contributor III

A resolution was to export the debugging settings from a working sample project into a *.launch file and to import it back again to the project of interest with some minor changes like project and binary names.

0 Kudos
ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Did you create your launch configuration 'manually'?

Have you downloaded and installed the SDK for the MK10 from https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com already? Because with the SDK project the 'blue' debug button will create the correct launch configuration for you.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
davithakobyan
Contributor III

Thanks a lot for the response.

Yes, i created the debug settings manually. I have a custom project with makefile to build the executable so, basically, i use command line to build the project and want to debug it afterwards by creating a debug configuration. This worked without problem in S32 Design Studio of NXP but for some reason issues an error in MCUXpresso.

The SDK v2.2.0 is installed, however, the blue button only shows me the available J-Link probe without doing anything else.