Problem in updating FRDM-K82F

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in updating FRDM-K82F

mohammadgouse
Contributor I

I am trying to program the kit FRDM-K82 but i am unable to dump the code, after googling I found to update the freedom board firmware, I used k20dx128_twr_k80f_if_0x8000 binary file to update the kit using windows 10. After that I found the green LED is not glowing and there is no response from the kit.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mohammad

If you want to make it working on windows 10, I suggest you use the jlink firmware, jlink firmware is supporting the windows 10 now.

1. download the JLINK firmware from the attachment and unzip it

You will get the JLink_OpenSDA_V2_1_2015-10-13.bin

download the jlink driver from this link:

https://www.segger.com/jlink-software.html

after download it, install it.

2. unplug your FRDM-K82 board, press the reset button and hold on it, at the same time plug your board to the PC.

You will find your board is a device named as BOOTLOADER

3. send JLink_OpenSDA_V2_1_2015-10-13.bin to the BOOTLOADER, and wait it finished

4. unplug the board and plug it to the PC again.

5. your board will be a device named as JLINK

Then you can configure your project, and debug it with JLINK.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question, please let me know!

Have a great day,
Jingjing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

mohammadgouse
Contributor I

Hai Jingjing Zhou,

I had made the update for second kit FRDM-K82F as suggest it works fine, but my first kit is still no response when i press the reset sw while power ON and there is no BOOTLOADER.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mohammad,

Thank you for your more information.

Can you try the problem board on anther PC with wn7 system?

Whether it can find the BOOTLOADER in the win7?

Have a great day,
Jingjing

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos