Open SDA device not registering (FRDM-KL02Z)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open SDA device not registering (FRDM-KL02Z)

sammoreland
Contributor I

I have followed all the tutorials/posts/freescale opensda guides for installing the debug app and have followed them to the letter, however my freedom board driver does not successfully install when enumerating.

device man.png

As far as I'm aware my board is up to date (see below)

(boot-loader V 1.11, debug V 1.14)

opensda version.png

I have also installed the latest driver (V11.1) which has installed on my C drive.

I have tried updating the driver both with automatic windows detection and by browse, physically pointing to the folder which holds the driver, with neither working. Has anyone else had this problem/no how to fix it.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
12 Replies

adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You might find useful this thread:

No port select available in setting a debugger connection.

It discusses a similar problem.

Hope this information can help you

Best Regards,
Adrian Sanchez Cano
Technical Support Engineer
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi sam moreland,

please, what tutorial do you tried? Did you try proceed according to these steps? OpenSDA on the Freedom KL25Z Board | MCU on Eclipse

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos

sammoreland
Contributor I

I've had a look a several of the MCU on eclispe threads (including that one). The methods they described are the ones I've followed. I've upgraded the bootload version and Debug app version using this method.

0 Kudos

sammoreland
Contributor I

Also the debug configuration cant see the device board as the driver for it does not install correctly during enumeration i.e. shows no driver installed. I have got the latest driver installed from the P&E website. I've been evaluating different low power MCU's and this is the first time I've had a problem interfacing with one of them so I don't think it is anything to do with my computer, but I haven't used a freescale MCU before.

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi sam moreland,

Have you tried to update driver manually?

ok - if you follow all of mentioned steps, please, tell us exact procedure what are you doing.

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos

sammoreland
Contributor I

1. Start the device in MSD mode (holding reset button while powering up)

2. Opened SDA_INFO to check the version I had on the board.

3.Dowload and installed latest windows USB drivers (V.11.1) from the P&E micro site

4. Downloaded the Firmware Apps.zp file from the P&E micro site and extract locally on the computer

5. Drag and drop the latest debug app version "MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-KL02Z_Pemicro_v114.SDA"

6. Cycle power (remove and replace usb cable), box pops up saying unable to install drivers

7.Check in device manager for it to enumerate as a serial port, which it doesn't. Also check by trying to debug in codewarrior (V10.6) which cant see it (checking though all port connection in the P&E connection assistant, including "OpenSDA - USB Port")

8.Start the device in MSD mode (holding reset button while powering up)

9. Drag and dropped the latest firmware version "BOOTUPDATEAPP_Pemicro_v111.SDA"

10. Cycle power (remove and replace usb cable), box pops up saying unable to install drivers and double check codewarrior which is still unable to see it.

In device manager its just appears in other devices with the driver status being "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)"

I also have the latest Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility file

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Dear sam moreland,

I created screenshots for you. Please, follow it.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

10.png

11.png

12.png

13.png

I hope it helps you,

Iva

0 Kudos

sammoreland
Contributor I

Hi Iva,

I'm afraid that didn't work. (see attachment)device man.png

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi sam moreland,

yes. You also  need to install WinDriver in Jungo. The procedure is the same, but you choose WinDriver.

Here is step by step manual:

2_1.png

2_2.png

2_3.png

2_4.png

2_5.png

2_6.png

2_7.png

2_8.png

2_9.png

2_10.png

2_11.png

2_12.png

2_13.png

I hope it helps you,

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos

sammoreland
Contributor I

Im afraid that still isn't working, I originally had that driver installed and uninstalled it when testing different configurations. Please see the screenshot below. I am also unable to take down firewalls/anti-virus at work as it is against company policy. device man.png

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi sam moreland,

yes.  The drivers are ok.

Please, also, did you try the board on another computer or did you try another board?

Iva

0 Kudos

adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Your Device Manager does not show the WinDriver under the Jungo tree, please check this post it might be useful:

Fixing the USB Drivers | MCU on Eclipse

Hope this information can help you

Best Regards,
Adrian Sanchez Cano
Technical Support Engineer
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos