Migration from S12NE64 to K60: Is existing a Bootloader working on ETH BootP protocole?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration from S12NE64 to K60: Is existing a Bootloader working on ETH BootP protocole?

arnogir
Senior Contributor II

Hello

All is in the title!

So I have an old project working with an S12 NE64.

Like this componant is obselete and we can't have it anymore, we must migrate from this to the new Kinetis series.

I'm already work on a K60, K70 and use an USB and/or serial boot. (TWR-K70 MSD HOST Bootloader based on AN4368 source code )

But for this project, the boot program was a boot working on the ethernet with the BootP protocol and a specific soft on computer.

Is anybody know if existing a "turnkey" bootloader for Kinetis using the BootP prototol or something which can help me to do it? (Bootp Exemple ...)

Thank

0 Kudos
2 Replies

isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Arnaud,

There is an application note (AN4367) that explains how to add Ethernet support as your peripheral interface, maybe it could help you (http://www.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/app_note/AN4367.pdf)

I hope this can help you.

Best Regards,

Isaac

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

arnogir
Senior Contributor II

Hello

If I well understand, this AN provide a Bootloader running with a DHCP server.

I need to use the older protocol: BootP.

So I'm looking for a Bootlader for Kinetis running in BootP.:smileyconfused:

0 Kudos