Getting device UID on KL27 bootrom

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting device UID on KL27 bootrom

chrismc
Contributor II

We were hoping to be able to get the KL27's device UID while running the bootrom, however the get-property command fails when attempting this from the host side:

./blhost -u -- get-property 18
Inject command 'get-property'
Response status = 10300 (0x283c) Unknown property.

I had previously found and downloaded an older version of the bootloader source (version 1.1.0), and checking this source just now it appeared that the device UID property (18) was supported.

Can you offer advice on the following?

- Is getting the device UID in bootrom mode supported? If not with the get-property command, how can it be done?

- What version of the bootloader is in the bootrom?

Cheers, Chris

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Chris McHarg,

Yes, the ROM bootloader support the UID read out.

Press NMI and Reset button directly, then release reset at first, then release NMI button.

You can input this code:

blhost -p COM6 -- get-property 0x12

in the NXP_Kinetis_Bootloader_2_0_0\bin\Tools\blhost\win blhost. COMxx, xx should be your own according COM port.

This is my result:

pastedImage_1.png

You can find the blhost can read out the correct UID code.

If you want to get the bootloader version, you can use :

blhost -p COM6 -- get-property 1

pastedImage_3.png

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question, please let me know!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

chrismc
Contributor II

Hi Kerry

Thanks for the reply, but as you can see in my original post I have tried that property ID (18 / 0x12) and the command is returning "Unknown property".

Trying the version property just now, it reports version 1.0.0. I have not been able to find source code for this version to confirm whether it should support the UID property or not.

Could you please answer the following questions?

- Do you know why the UID property works for you but not for the BootROM I'm working with (1.0.0)?

- Can the 1.0.0 bootloader source code be downloaded somewhere?

- If version 1.0.0 of the bootloader (in the BootROM in the parts I have) doesn't support the UID property, is there an alternative way of getting the UID in the bootloader?

- Are KL27 parts available with a newer bootloader version in the BootROM?

Cheers, Chris

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Chris McHarg,

Your original post is reject, I think the command still have problem, you need to use :

and you need to make the chip run from ROM, just as I have told you in my last reply.

1, Do you know why the UID property works for you but not for the BootROM I'm working with (1.0.0)?

Could you give me your chip's full name and the mask set number?

Maybe 1.0.0 is not support the UID read, but the 1.1.0 support it, my bootloader is 1.1.0, you can find it from my last reply.

You also can read it with IDE, whether the UID can be read out correctly?

2, Can the 1.0.0 bootloader source code be downloaded somewhere?

Actually, KL27 have the ROM Bootloader, it is fixed when out of the factory, so you customer can't modify the ROM bootloader by themselves.

3 If version 1.0.0 of the bootloader (in the BootROM in the parts I have) doesn't support the UID property, is there an alternative way of getting the UID in the bootloader?

Maybe you can try to use the code to read it in the APP.

4. Are KL27 parts available with a newer bootloader version in the BootROM?

My FRDM-KL27 board is using the bootloader K1.1.0, so you can choose the chip in the FRDM-KL27, it has the new bootROM.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,

Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

chrismc
Contributor II

Hi Kerry

Your original post is reject, I think the command still have problem, you need to use :

The command does not have a problem - you can see the BootROM returning a reply - Unknown property. I am using USB (-u) to connect, and just specified the property number in decimal instead of hex like you. All other commands work. It is just 0x12 / 18 that returns "Unknown property".

1, Do you know why the UID property works for you but not for the BootROM I'm working with (1.0.0)?

Could you give me your chip's full name and the mask set number?

Maybe 1.0.0 is not support the UID read, but the 1.1.0 support it, my bootloader is 1.1.0, you can find it from my last reply.

I can see it is working for you with 1.1.0 - that is why I am asking about 1.0.0. Can you get info on 1.0.0 - does 1.0.0 support getting the UID or not? I'll see if I can get the chip's full name / mask number tomorrow.

You also can read it with IDE, whether the UID can be read out correctly?

We have no problem reading the UID registers within out our app code - I am specifically asking about the BootROM.

2, Can the 1.0.0 bootloader source code be downloaded somewhere?

Actually, KL27 have the ROM Bootloader, it is fixed when out of the factory, so you customer can't modify the ROM bootloader by themselves.

I was interested in getting the source code so I could check for myself what the state of its UID property get support was. I know I can't modify a ROM.

3 If version 1.0.0 of the bootloader (in the BootROM in the parts I have) doesn't support the UID property, is there an alternative way of getting the UID in the bootloader?

Maybe you can try to use the code to read it in the APP.

As above, I know we can read it from the registers in app code. I am asking about the BootROM.

4. Are KL27 parts available with a newer bootloader version in the BootROM?

My FRDM-KL27 board is using the bootloader K1.1.0, so you can choose the chip in the FRDM-KL27, it has the new bootROM.

That is very interesting info. Can you provide advice on how we can ensure we can get chips with bootloader version 1.1.0?

Cheers, Chris

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Chris,

Could you tell me your chip's full name(part number) and your mask set number?

Or you can give me your chip's picture which contains the part number, I need to check the bootloader version with our according department.

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos

chrismc
Contributor II

Hi Kerry

Thanks for the reminder - the chip picture is below. You can't find any info based on the fact that it's reporting bootloader version 1.0.0?

Cheers, Chris

nxp-chip.jpg

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Chris McHarg,

Thank you for your updated information.

I have check it with our according department.

Now, in conclusion, version 1.0.0 chip: KL13Z256/128, KL33Z256/128 , KL27z256/128, KL43Z256/128, KL03

version 1.1.0 or above: KL13Z64/32, KL43Z64/32,KL27Z64/32,KL33Z64/32

version 1.0.0 don't support the UID reading, the reversion 1.1.0 or above chip support the UID reading.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question, please let me know!

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos

bobpaddock
Senior Contributor III

When will the 1.0 chips be upgraded?

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

No schedule about it now.

0 Kudos