make: *** No rule to make target '..error with FRDM-K82F

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

make: *** No rule to make target '..error with FRDM-K82F

alz190
Contributor I

I am working hard to meet the deadline for Flex Your Mind with Kinetis FlexIO - Hackster.io

I followed the steps FRDM-K82F|Freedom Development Platform|Kinetis MCUs|NXP

and thought I was getting there when at the last step Step 4 I used the KSDK-Project-Generator

(ver 2.1 at the time of writing this post).

the projects gets generated

I import it from File>Import (in KDS ver 3.2)

Now I a using KSDK1.3.0Standalone (as this is a version for which the project gen works)

I get this screen

error2b.jpg

I changed the code in main.c

and added

volatile int delay;

// Configure board specific pin muxing
hardware_init();

// Initialize the UART terminal
dbg_uart_init();

PRINTF("\r\nRunning the myProject project.\n");

// Enable GPIO port for LED1
LED1_EN;

for (;;)
{
LED1_ON;

delay = 5000000;
while(delay--);

LED1_OFF;

delay = 5000000;
while(delay--);

}

When I build the project I get the error

make: *** No rule to make target '../../../../../../lib/ksdk_platform_lib/kds/K82F25615/debug/libksdk_platform.a', needed by 'mp3_MK82FN256VLL15.elf'.

When I do a debug I get the error

Program file does not exist

C:\Freescale\KSDK1.3.0Standalone\examples\frdmk82f\user_apps\mp3\kds\debug\mp3_MK82FN256VLL15.elf not found

C:\Freescale\KSDK1.3.0Standalone\examples\frdmk82f\user_apps\mp3\kds\debug\mp3_MK82FN256VLL15.elf not found

Then I got a useful post by dereksnell

No Rule to Make Target error

I followed all the steps did a Project clean etc

then retried a build

Yet I am at a dead end

With about 14 days to go for the end of the contest so I do not know if I would be able to make it :smileysad:

Has anyone else experienced this ? Can anyone help me with this?

Having said that I must add that the FRDM-K82F is a wonderful board with a lot of promise. Every time I plug it in and tinker with it I get to learn something new.

Once I get ahead of this road block I would surely b creating projects,tutorials etc to help others so that the learning curve for others is reduced

0 Kudos
1 Reply

dereksnell
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi ALok,

The error message "No rule to make target '../../../../../../lib/ksdk_platform_lib/kds/K82F25615/debug/libksdk_platform.a'" means the library file libksdk_platform.a is missing, and that is likely because it was not built.  You should be able to import the library project into KDS, located at C:\Freescale\KSDK1.3.0Standalone\lib\ksdk_platform_lib\kds\K82F25615.  Once you build that, KDS will generate the libksdk_platform.a library file.  And then you can build your mp3_MK82FN256VLL15 application project.

You can also refer to the KSDK Getting Started guide installed with KSDK at <KSDK Installation path>\doc\Getting Started with Kinetis SDK (KSDK) v.1.3.pdf.  It includes the details steps for using KDS to build the KSDK library and application projects.

Thanks