When will TWR-K53n512 be supported by KDS and KSDK?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will TWR-K53n512 be supported by KDS and KSDK?

Jump to solution
chadwilliams
Contributor III

I have recently acquired a  TWR-K53n512 kit and have found there is no board support within KDS and KSDK.

however the K50 series is well suited to my application.

Is there an ETA for support of the board in KSDK?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Chad:

KSDK development is mainly focused in new Kinetis devices. For some legacy boards there will be KSDK support in the future. I'm afraid that for K53 we do not have estimated release and I do not know if it will be supported.

Nevertheless you do not have to wait for KSDK. This board has some enablement readily available, below some examples:

-> MQX RTOS support. Download from: Freescale MQX™ Software Solutions|Freescale

-> K53 Product page (see Documentation and Software & Tools tabs): K53_100 |Kinetis K53 100 MHz MCUs|Freescale. You will find application notes and software packages such as KINETIS_512_V2_SC.

-> TWR-K53 Product page (Documentation and Software & Tools tabs): Kinetis K53 Tower System Module|Freescale

-> Baremetal example code for K53: K53 example code

In the product pages mentioned above you will find a bunch of application notes, most of them medical oriented but can be used as reference for your own designs. Also running a search in this community you can find demos and reference designs as well:

- Running EKG App-based Accessory Demo on the TWR-DOCK - How To

- Using Kinetis K53 Amplifiers for Connecting Thermocouple and Thermistor Devices

- Healthcare Analog Front End (AFE) Reference Platform - Demo

So, if K53 fits your application better than the KSDK supported devices, you have some material there to develop :smileyhappy:.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Chad:

KSDK development is mainly focused in new Kinetis devices. For some legacy boards there will be KSDK support in the future. I'm afraid that for K53 we do not have estimated release and I do not know if it will be supported.

Nevertheless you do not have to wait for KSDK. This board has some enablement readily available, below some examples:

-> MQX RTOS support. Download from: Freescale MQX™ Software Solutions|Freescale

-> K53 Product page (see Documentation and Software & Tools tabs): K53_100 |Kinetis K53 100 MHz MCUs|Freescale. You will find application notes and software packages such as KINETIS_512_V2_SC.

-> TWR-K53 Product page (Documentation and Software & Tools tabs): Kinetis K53 Tower System Module|Freescale

-> Baremetal example code for K53: K53 example code

In the product pages mentioned above you will find a bunch of application notes, most of them medical oriented but can be used as reference for your own designs. Also running a search in this community you can find demos and reference designs as well:

- Running EKG App-based Accessory Demo on the TWR-DOCK - How To

- Using Kinetis K53 Amplifiers for Connecting Thermocouple and Thermistor Devices

- Healthcare Analog Front End (AFE) Reference Platform - Demo

So, if K53 fits your application better than the KSDK supported devices, you have some material there to develop :smileyhappy:.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos