Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No source available for "__isr_vector() at 0x0"

Jump to solution
holyhope
Contributor III

Hi to all,

while trying to resolve the problem linked here: Debugging difficult with KDS and breakpoint

I find a very strange problem: many time when I stop with breakpoint and resume execution the debugging cresh and return me this error:

No source available for "__isr_vector() at 0x0"

Now I'm not here to know why my debugger crash (I ask in the previous thred), but I want to know why this error occours.

I'm developing on K20 (and using via PEx KSDK the K60 because there is no KSDK available for K20; FreeScale tech support on field tell me to do this.) with KDS 2.0.0 and KSDK 1.1.0. Debugging via PEMicro Umultilink and all code generated by PEx

I see in my project and I not find reference to isr_vector().

I try to implement Hard Fault of Erich Styeger (Debugging Hard Faults on ARM Cortex-M | MCU on Eclipse) but with no results because I never found vector.c or the reference to interrupt vector generated by PEx; I suppose that the problem is the same: debugger do not find isr_vector

Where I can find the file "Vectors.c" , the routine "_isr_vector()" and how to tell the debugger to search my source code of _isr_vector?

Thanks,

Max

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I recommend: do *not* delete the .metadata folder, because this will delete your workspace settings!

>>No source available for "__isr_vector() at 0x0"

is normal operation of GDB debugger if you have a reset: what happens is that the PC temporarily is at address zero, and from the debug information this is for __isr_vector() (assembly label) where there is no source for it. Perform an assembly step, and you should be fine.

However, your problem is different: it seems that your device does a reset, maybe because of a hardware failure, because of a watchdog reset or because of a bad power supply. Can you check these?

Erich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
holyhope
Contributor III

Hi Erich,

Many thanks for your answer.

This explain something about: Debugging difficult with KDS and breakpoint

Maybe with my debugger with my custom HW ... The uP reset on a BreakPoint and try to access to _isr_vector()

As soon as I can debug step by step (like discussed in previously linked thred) I try to a step-by-step in assembly.

For a "bad power-supply" you means the power to uP gived from my custom HW or gived from debugger?

Many Thanks,

Massimiliano

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Usually, power is not supplied with the debug probe, so yes, I mean your board/HW power supply.

Erich

0 Kudos
holyhope
Contributor III

Ok, perfect.

I test with oscilloscope the power supply in many part of that.

I always check the voltage of uP power in and NOT problem were detected. No decrese of voltage, never 1mV...

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I recommend: do *not* delete the .metadata folder, because this will delete your workspace settings!

>>No source available for "__isr_vector() at 0x0"

is normal operation of GDB debugger if you have a reset: what happens is that the PC temporarily is at address zero, and from the debug information this is for __isr_vector() (assembly label) where there is no source for it. Perform an assembly step, and you should be fine.

However, your problem is different: it seems that your device does a reset, maybe because of a hardware failure, because of a watchdog reset or because of a bad power supply. Can you check these?

Erich

0 Kudos
jqwang
Contributor II

Hi Erich,

i have the same problem:

pastedImage_0.png

i don't understand how to "Perform an assembly step" ?

Sometimes it shows "No source available for "0x0" ".

pastedImage_1.png

thanks,

JQ

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Max,

The vector.c file is generated by PE project without SDK .

I recommend you delete the ".metadata" file under workspace ,then try again.

BR

Alice