Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No rule to make target - KDS

Jump to solution
surenderreddyga
Contributor I

Hi,

I am trying to build existing project which come with the KDS installation for k82 series.

Unfortunately I am unable to build the project because of getting error. I posted the error page here, there may be linking problem, but i am not able to fix it, please fix this issue.

I am using kds 3.0 and KSDK 1.3.0

97770_97770.pngkds error.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Surender,

Please make sure to first build the K82F platform library, it will generate the libksdk_platform.a library file mentioned in the error:

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_0.png

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
timcrockett
Contributor I

I just installed the IDE and had the same error. (Kinetis Design Studio Version: 3.2.0, KSDK 1.3.0). While trying to test my installation with the hello world demo for the KL26Z board I received the error:

"make: *** No rule to make target 'C:/Freescale/KSDK_1.3.0/examples/frdmkl26z/demo_apps/hello_world/kds/../../../../../lib/ksdk_platform_lib/kds/KL26Z4/debug/libksdk_platform.a', needed by 'hello_world_frdmkl26z.elf'.    hello_world_frdmkl26z"

I tried the earlier suggestion and still had the problem. I was able to find the path for the the missing libksdk_platform.a file in the platform project. I copied the path for the file by right clicking and Ctrl->C the path from the properties.

I replaced the problem path in the hello world object.mk file with the correct path. Note that you have to replace the '\' symbols from the windows path with '/' in the objects.mk path.

pastedImage_5.png

Built with no problems.

0 Kudos
Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Surender,

Please make sure to first build the K82F platform library, it will generate the libksdk_platform.a library file mentioned in the error:

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_0.png

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
surenderreddyga
Contributor I

Hi Carlos Mendoza, Thnx

The problem is solved and got another one, here I am posting error page.

libksdk_platform.a file is created when compile the platform library, still showing error.

I think there may be linking is missing for arm-none-eabi-gcc, don't where it is?

Please help to get out of here..................

kds error2.png

0 Kudos
Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Surender,

Please make sure that when you import the projects into your workspace the "Copy projects into workspace" option is not selected, otherwise the include paths will point to the wrong location:

pastedImage_0.png

Could this be what is causing those errors?

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

0 Kudos
surenderreddyga
Contributor I

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Here I am trying with FRDM-kl25z board, I just opened Hello world existing project, I am trying to print the data on the console. There I found the calls like debug_printf and debug_putchar. But unfortunately I am not able to find any message on the console of the KDS. Are they need any settings for console? Code working fine and debugging also.

Actually How those works?  How to display data on console? As per my study, console is not related to uart.

Can you please provide the basic uart driver code for KL25z? Later I suppose to work with k82, If am clear with this board, then only I can do k82.

Please help me.............

0 Kudos
Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Surender,

Could you please create a new post for this new question?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

0 Kudos