in guiGuider,I'm getting an error message. when I try to run simulator, run target or generate code

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

in guiGuider,I'm getting an error message. when I try to run simulator, run target or generate code

Jump to solution
skruglewicz
Contributor III

i am getting the following error when trying to generatecode, run simulator,or run target

Error: opening registry key 'Software\Avast\Java Runtime Environment' Error: could not find java.ll Error: Could not find Java SE Runtime Environment.

skruglewicz_0-1623123614764.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
skruglewicz
Contributor III

Thank you LiubinGong

That was exactly it. The JRE was missing and I only had the JDK installed. I should have read the GuiGuider User Guide... I am no longer getting the following error: 

Error: opening registry key 'Software\Avast\Java Runtime Environment' Error: could not find java.ll Error: Could not find Java SE Runtime Environment.

What I did was

1) uninstall the 2 versions of the JDK as I wanted a fresh install.

2) downloaded a new JRE from Oracle from this page Java SE Runtime Environment 8 - Downloads - Oracle

I download the follow version.

Windows x64

80.7 MB

jre-8u291-windows-x64.exe

And installed it. The install only installs the JRE because I don't need the JDK at the moment.

3) I then added path "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_291\bin" to the PATH System environment Variable.

4) to test the installation from a command I ran the following java command , and it displayed the current version.

skruglewicz_0-1623434917502.png

Thanks

Steve K

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
LiubinGong
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Can you check the Java installed or Java env settings?  and if you feel uncertain about the install Prerequisites. please click "Help -> User Guider" to open the GUI Guider doc and check them.

skruglewicz
Contributor III

HI thanks for responding, I'm just seeing this now.

Not real sure how to check on my java installation, but I did some peeking around and found that some install must have installed the Java SE development Kit 8? (see attached pics below)

I never purposefully installed it and don't know how to use it. I'm running Windows 10 (see pics below for current version).. And interestingly enough if I type in the command "java -version" and  I get the same error.(See Pics)

I'm lost for a solution at this point? Do I uninstall and reinstall a new version of the JAVA SE? does an environment variable need to set to point the the installation? do you know of hand what quiGuider supports?

Any direction that you could send me too, would be greatly appreciated.

skruglewicz_0-1623348269563.png

skruglewicz_1-1623348325611.png

0 Kudos
zhenhualuo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi skruglewicz, 

You can download JRE from https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp and install it on your PC, then follow below steps to configure environment variable. 

a. Open Control Panel and search env.
b. Choose "Edit the system environment variables"
c. Click the "Environment Variables…" button.
d. Under the System Variables section (the bottom half), select "Path" variable and click "Edit" to open the Edit UI. 
e. Click New and type in the java path. For example, C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath.
f. Click OK to save your change.

After above changes, please try again. 

0 Kudos
LiubinGong
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

from your pics, I guess that your host pc missed JRE(Java Runtime Environment), only installed JDK(Java Development Kit).  

You can uninstall this JDK, and reinstall the full Java environment. The appropriate version can be obtained from GUI Guider doc.

skruglewicz
Contributor III

Thank you LiubinGong

That was exactly it. The JRE was missing and I only had the JDK installed. I should have read the GuiGuider User Guide... I am no longer getting the following error: 

What I did was

1) uninstall the 2 versions of the JDK as I wanted a fresh install.

2) downloaded a new JRE from Oracle from this page Java SE Runtime Environment 8 - Downloads - Oracle

I download the follow version.

Windows x64

80.7 MB

jre-8u291-windows-x64.exe

And installed it. The install only installs the JRE because I don't need the JDK at the moment.

3) I then added path "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_291\bin" to the PATH System environment Variable.

4) to test the installation from a command I ran the following java command , and it displayed the current version.

skruglewicz_0-1623434917502.png

Thanks

Steve K

0 Kudos