cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

evkmimxrt1160 fails to find target.

Jump to solution
JSuciu
Contributor I

After trying to manipulate TCM bank numbers, I am now unable to program the target. I moved to the hello world sdk project and unable to find the target. Did I brick the processor? See attached images.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JSuciu
Contributor I

@kerryzhou,

Looking back through my debugging, I did set DTCM to 0 like you explained below (debugger flashloader no space to download the code). Can I push code to somewhere else to allow me to revive the processor?

Working through the document above (https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT-Knowledge-Base/RT-board-recovery-for-debugger-connect-issues/ta...), it didn't allow me to connect to the processor. I worked through both the IDE using the Erase Flash using LinkServer and using the MCUXpresso Secure Provisioning tool. I attached the error messages below but in short I am unable to find the target. This seems like an internal fuse blown, but want to confirm that. Is their an easy way to confirm that using the IDE or are the error messages attached allow me to find another way to wipe flash? Is their a special configuration off DIP switch SW1 to allow an ability to wipe flash memory.

Image_3 and Image_4 - Attempting to use the LinkServer Erase Flash tool

Image_5 - Attempting to connect to the target using the Secure Provisioning tool

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jake

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JSuciu
Contributor I

@kerryzhou,

Looking back through my debugging, I did set DTCM to 0 like you explained below (debugger flashloader no space to download the code). Can I push code to somewhere else to allow me to revive the processor?

Working through the document above (https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT-Knowledge-Base/RT-board-recovery-for-debugger-connect-issues/ta...), it didn't allow me to connect to the processor. I worked through both the IDE using the Erase Flash using LinkServer and using the MCUXpresso Secure Provisioning tool. I attached the error messages below but in short I am unable to find the target. This seems like an internal fuse blown, but want to confirm that. Is their an easy way to confirm that using the IDE or are the error messages attached allow me to find another way to wipe flash? Is their a special configuration off DIP switch SW1 to allow an ability to wipe flash memory.

Image_3 and Image_4 - Attempting to use the LinkServer Erase Flash tool

Image_5 - Attempting to connect to the target using the Secure Provisioning tool

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jake

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @JSuciu ,

Don't worry, you won't brick the processor, unless you burn the fuse.

Now, your issues is download the invalid image to the flash cause the boot issues, you can follow my document to recover it:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT-Knowledge-Base/RT-board-recovery-for-debugger-connect-issues/ta...

When you do the TCM configuration, please to avoid the ROM used TCM, 

kerryzhou_0-1710828729145.png

You also need to care about the flashloader used TCM, eg, the flashloader in the DTCM, but you set the DTCM=0, then you also will meet the issues, as the debugger flashloader no space to download the code.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know.

If your question is solved, please help to mark the correct answer, just to close this case.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos