cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic Help Required: Can not erase flash from M52235EVB

Chris_UTS
Contributor I
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to look at my problem. Hopefully it's something really easy to fix.

I bought the M52235EVB kit a few months ago and it has been sitting on my desk waiting to be played with. So I've finally come to start the embedded development side of my project and run in to a problem straight away.

I am unable to erase the flash from coldfire chip, which also means I can't download my code. I've tried both through codewarrior 7.1.1 and CF Flasher 3.1. The board is working and might as well be new from the factory, I can access the default website at http://192.168.1.99/ and communicate via the UART port.

Below is what happens when i try to erase the flash using CF Flasher 3.1

Set 'Target Configuration': M52235EVB
Set 'BDM Communication': PE_USB_ML
Everything else as default.

When i click erase it says "Erasing Sector 0 at address 0x00000000".
Then after a short time, an box pops up saying "Error: Timeout during erase algorithm"

If i cycle power to both the wigger and the board it goes back to the default state and I can access the webpage again.

I think it should work from here, so please let me know what i'm doing wrong.

Equipment:
M52235EVB board
USB-ML-CFE Rev. C

I think all the jumpers are in the default positions.

Thank You
Chris
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Chris_UTS
Contributor I
Thanks ralu, however it turned out to be the "unit_cfz.dll" in the code warrior folder needed to be updated to 3.26.0.0

For future reference, please see http://www.pemicro.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2737

Cheers
Chris
0 Kudos

Chris_UTS
Contributor I
Hi again,

I've just tried the hardware with a borrowed windows XP laptop and works fine.

Has anyone else had a problem with Vista?
0 Kudos

ralu
Contributor III
Try whit internal flashing / proggraming tool. I has some problems and have no problem whit CW 7.1

(tools -> flash programmer)

You have to load correct setting file every time you reboot CW or try whit this settings. (make your own xml from this source)

Code:
<—xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" standalone="no" –><fpconfig xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="fp_config.xsd">  <targetconfwindow>    <usecustomsettings>false</usecustomsettings>    <targetprocessor>52235</targetprocessor>    <connection/>    <usetargetinit>true</usetargetinit>    <targetinitfile>{CodeWarrior}\ColdFire_Support\Initialization_Files\M52235EVB.cfg</targetinitfile>    <targetmembuffaddr>0x20000000</targetmembuffaddr>    <targetmembuffsize>0x00008000</targetmembuffsize>    <enablelogging>true</enablelogging>    <verifywrites>false</verifywrites>  </targetconfwindow>  <flashconfwindow>    <membaseaddr>0x00000000</membaseaddr>    <device>CFM_MCF52235</device>    <organization>8Kx32x1</organization>    <flashstart>0x00000000</flashstart>    <flashend>0x0003FFFF</flashend>  </flashconfwindow>  <programverifywindow>    <useselectedfile>false</useselectedfile>    <projbuildtargetfile>nofile</projbuildtargetfile>    <fileiotype>Auto Detect</fileiotype>    <restrictaddrrange>false</restrictaddrrange>    <restrictaddrrangestart>0x00000000</restrictaddrrangestart>    <restrictaddrrangeend>0x0003FFFF</restrictaddrrangeend>    <applyaddroffset>false</applyaddroffset>    <addroffset>0x00000000</addroffset>  </programverifywindow>  <eraseblankcheckwindow>    <eraseallsectors>true</eraseallsectors>    <sector/>    <processsectorsindividually>false</processsectorsindividually>  </eraseblankcheckwindow>  <checksumwindow>    <computechecksumover>FileOnTarg</computechecksumover>    <addrstart>0x00000000</addrstart>    <addrsize>0x0000FFFF</addrsize>  </checksumwindow></fpconfig>

0 Kudos

Chris_UTS
Contributor I
Forgot to add

Using Vista x86 and the Memory Window in CF Flasher works properly.

Thanks again.
Chris
0 Kudos