cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is init_kinetis.tcl called every time when running debugger

Jump to solution
David_Wu
Contributor III

I need to make sure init_kinetis.tcl gets called every time programming a new image through debugger - since it contains code to disable hardware watchdog which requires a GPIO to be INPUT.

But I feel this TCL script is not called every time - is this true? if yes, then how to configure it to be called in CW?

David

Labels (1)
1 Solution
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

Yes each time you are using the debugger it will run the init script.  To look at which init script is being used follow the below steps.  Assumption is you have a project open and compiled.

Run->Debug Configurations...

Open the "CodeWarrior" folder and select the target you want to flash and debug.  For me it is mfs_nandflash_twrk60d100m_Int_Flash_Debug.

ScreenHunter_34 Oct. 22 16.52.gif

Then click the "Edit..." button under Target settings to see the below picture:

ScreenHunter_35 Oct. 22 16.55.gif

Click the "Edit..." button next to the Target to see the following window to point to the init script and tab over to the .mem file selection too:

ScreenHunter_36 Oct. 22 16.56.gif
The file name is hidden but I've copied it here for one and all to see:

${ProjDirPath}/Debugger/init_kinetis.tcl

And .mem file:

${ProjDirPath}/Debugger/MK60FN1M0.mem

Regards,

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_Wu
Contributor III

thanks David and Sarath. I figured it out by checking "Display Selected Console" in "Console" window - and choose the Int_Flash_Debug-PnE U-MultiLink then I can see the script is executed each time.

0 Kudos
sarathchandra
Contributor III

Yes it runs  init_kinetis.tcl .

It is the first stage to invoke the processor with a configured register settings.

Then a purpose "debugging" comes we talk about.

And you need to run the .tcl every time.

Regards,

Sarath

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

Yes each time you are using the debugger it will run the init script.  To look at which init script is being used follow the below steps.  Assumption is you have a project open and compiled.

Run->Debug Configurations...

Open the "CodeWarrior" folder and select the target you want to flash and debug.  For me it is mfs_nandflash_twrk60d100m_Int_Flash_Debug.

ScreenHunter_34 Oct. 22 16.52.gif

Then click the "Edit..." button under Target settings to see the below picture:

ScreenHunter_35 Oct. 22 16.55.gif

Click the "Edit..." button next to the Target to see the following window to point to the init script and tab over to the .mem file selection too:

ScreenHunter_36 Oct. 22 16.56.gif
The file name is hidden but I've copied it here for one and all to see:

${ProjDirPath}/Debugger/init_kinetis.tcl

And .mem file:

${ProjDirPath}/Debugger/MK60FN1M0.mem

Regards,

David

0 Kudos