Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

from project MCF52259 with MQX 3.7(codewarrior 7.2) to codewarrior 10.5

Jump to solution
Britti1982
Contributor I

Hello, I have this bad problem.

I have developed my project on an XP machine working with Codewarrior 7.2 and MQX operating system version 3.7.

Now I was forced to migrate to a Windows 7 machine and installed the new CodeWarrior 10.5.

I would like to continue to develop my project but I am given the opportunity to import the project.

When I try to import it tells me "This toolchain is not supported for this target.".

What does this mean? but if I try to create a new project with MQX everything works properly.

Why? Am I missing some step? Amount I of the project. Mcp but does not give me the chance to finish the procedure.

Thank you for your courtesy.

Riccardo

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Riccardo,

Tool chains evolve and once they get too far from an older version they sometimes do not have the ability to import the old project.

I tend to create a new MQX project and include the libraries that I will need.  Test that project that it compiles (usually it is a simple hello world) to see tool chain working and able to flash the desired target.  Then I add the files from old project into new project, update the properties for assembler/compiler directory settings to see your source files, adjust properties to use the desired linker file (or you might have to edit the linker file that was being used to fit your memory map), and then re-compile.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Riccardo,

Tool chains evolve and once they get too far from an older version they sometimes do not have the ability to import the old project.

I tend to create a new MQX project and include the libraries that I will need.  Test that project that it compiles (usually it is a simple hello world) to see tool chain working and able to flash the desired target.  Then I add the files from old project into new project, update the properties for assembler/compiler directory settings to see your source files, adjust properties to use the desired linker file (or you might have to edit the linker file that was being used to fit your memory map), and then re-compile.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
Britti1982
Contributor I

Alternatively I can recompile the project on an XP machine with a newer version MQX which then allow me to import the project in the right way in the new CW10.5?

which is the minimum version of MQX prepared and supported by CW10.5?

My question stems from the reason that in the guides to help of  the CW10.5 see in the examples that were imported projects with MQX 3.7 and 3.8.

Thank you very much for the time

0 Kudos