Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Interrupt Help

Jump to solution
LM
Contributor I

Serial Interrupt Help

Hi, I’m working on an MC9S12C32 (HCS12) and I’m having lots of trouble getting my program to accept inputs over the RS232 port.
I've loaded a program that drives a PWM and turns on an LED, and if it receives any data over the serial port it should turn off the LED.
Trying to communicate from my PC program to the serial port on the board wasn't working, so I actually put a signal on the receive pin of the J1 connector (PS0/RXD) and the LED properly turned off when it received the signal.

Is there anything odd like a jumper I have to remove or something to communicate to the board through the actual DB9 connector?

I tried switching the cable connecting the PC to the board with a null-modem cable instead, with still no success.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :smileyhappy:

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
mke_et
Contributor IV
Uh, what board?  Did you design it?  Or are you talking one of the developement boards someone designed?

I used the 9S12 Badge from Future with the 9S12DP256 part on it and there are no jumpers for COM channel '0'.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mke_et
Contributor IV
Uh, what board?  Did you design it?  Or are you talking one of the developement boards someone designed?

I used the 9S12 Badge from Future with the 9S12DP256 part on it and there are no jumpers for COM channel '0'.

0 Kudos