cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimize compiler for code size

Jump to solution
juliancox
Contributor V

I amusing CW 10.7 with a S08SH4 processor. Is there an option to configure the compiler to minimise code size? Also, what is the approximate difference in code size between the Debug and Release configurations?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Julian Cox ,

- Yes, you can reduce code size through Properties-> C/C++ Build ->Setting -> .... as below:

pastedImage_1.png

You can find the detail description in "MCU_HCS08_compiler"-> 7.2.3.1.58 -O(-Os, -Ot): Main Optimization Target .

- What about the debug and release of your project ? they can configure by ourself , you can also check the defferent setting in Properties, or you can send your project to me .

Hope it helps,

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Julian Cox ,

- Yes, you can reduce code size through Properties-> C/C++ Build ->Setting -> .... as below:

pastedImage_1.png

You can find the detail description in "MCU_HCS08_compiler"-> 7.2.3.1.58 -O(-Os, -Ot): Main Optimization Target .

- What about the debug and release of your project ? they can configure by ourself , you can also check the defferent setting in Properties, or you can send your project to me .

Hope it helps,

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos