How to cancel the CW10.6 reset prompt window in the debug state?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel the CW10.6 reset prompt window in the debug state?

xiaochenqiang
Contributor II

As the title description,how can i cancel the reset prompt window when i press the reset button in the debug state?

Every time when I press the reset,it will jump out the reset prompt window, it is very trouble,I do not want press two times to reset the debug?

the snippet and video of the window I am referring are the attachments,@Felipe García,the previous question can not insert the video or picture,so I ask again here!

0 Kudos
8 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

To perform a reset is a two stage process, because there are sevaral options what to do in the reset action:

pastedImage_1.png

This is by design, and there is currently no way to bypass this dialog.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

xiaochenqiang
Contributor II

I think this design is very redundant,It is very Annoying,Does it have any significance?Maybe  this dialog can be confiured in the setting option。

0 Kudos

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi xiaochen qiang,

As my colleague Erich said, this dialog is showed because there are multiple options you can do when executing a reset. Unfortunately, there is no setting to avoid the dialog from appearing.

Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause you.

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I checked and this behavior is not present on our latest version of CodeWarrior IDE 11.1.

https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/software-development-tools/codewarrior-development-t... 

As I see you are using a Kinetis device I recommend you to read the following document.

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/supporting-information/CWIDESUPPORTAD.pdf 

Please let me know your findings.

Have a great day,
Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

xiaochenqiang
Contributor II

I have installed the cw11.1,it has the problem too,it is same as the cw10.6 ,why?

0 Kudos

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi xiaochen qiang,

If you only want to restart the debug session you could click the "Restart" button and the program execution will restart.

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos

xiaochenqiang
Contributor II

I just want reset the debug ,But not  restart the debug ,restart need download the program,it need much more time!

0 Kudos

xiaochenqiang
Contributor II

thank you very much!

0 Kudos