IDE for HCS08 Aw60 demo boards that runs on 64 bit Windows

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDE for HCS08 Aw60 demo boards that runs on 64 bit Windows

b_r_clifford
Contributor I

I am trying to identify an IDE that runs on 64-bit windows that I can use to program the older freescale HCS08 AW60 demo boards using both assembly and C languages. Previously we have been using Codewarrior version 6 but this is not compatible with 64-bit windows. I have also tried Codewarrior version 11 but cannot see an option to create assembly files. Others have suggested there is a plugin to Eclipse that allows this but I have not been able to find this.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ben,

>> I have also tried Codewarrior version 11 but cannot see an option to create assembly files

Not sure why you say this: you can add and use assembly files. By default the wizard offers C/C++ projects, but you can add as many assembly files as you want. Or you can create assembly only projects too with a few manual steps. It is the same as in previous CW for MCU versions.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ben Clifford,

Under  CodeWarrior V11, we also can create assembly files.

There is demo about assembly under CW:

CW MCU v11.1\MCU\CodeWarrior_Examples\HC_Examples\mc9s08aw60_demo

Hope it helps,

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos