Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug Variable Expression View Data Format

Jump to solution
davidzhou
Contributor V

Hi,

I have K60Tower board: _K60P144M150SF3RM, with MQX4.2 version, and CodeWarrior 10.6.4 Version

During debug if the program execution is stopped at a break point, hovering mouse over a variable, the debugger will display the value of the variable. But it seems always default the format to string. So it shows unreadable characters for an integer variable. I changed to Hexdecimal as follows:

pastedImage_3.png

This is from the webpage: Debugging Variables in Hexadecimal with Eclipse | MCU on Eclipse 

pastedImage_4.png

But it doesn't have any effect. What have I missed and how to set global default format to hexadecimal ?

Thank you,

David Zhou

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello David,

I just tested this issue with CW10.6.4 + MQX4.2 + k64F. I didn't see your problem. see attached. How to reproduce your problem?

can you please create a new workspace then test the problem with it?

how it works if use another computer?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello David,

I just tested this issue with CW10.6.4 + MQX4.2 + k64F. I didn't see your problem. see attached. How to reproduce your problem?

can you please create a new workspace then test the problem with it?

how it works if use another computer?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
davidzhou
Contributor V

Hi Jennie,

I tried this morning again. Opened Project, confirmed the setting is hexadecimal, and run, it was still showing unreadable characters.

Then I opened another work-space, and the setting is in default. Changed to hexadecimals. Created a test project. it shows integer.

Then I went back to the first project ( The project was not closed.) And it still showed unreadable characters. I went into Windows/Preferences, the toggled it default, APPLY, then toggled back to hexadecimal. Then run the project. It shows integers.

I went a little further .  I opened another old project work-space, and it was set to all Defaults (not hexadecimals), and added a new project into the work-space, it shows integers. I changed to hexademical. It still displays as integer values.

So there is some issue with metadata of the project and/or with the Apply of the settings.

But it works.

Thank you,

David Zhou

0 Kudos