Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compiler Errors in HCS08 Configuration

Jump to solution
preetuabraham
Contributor III

Hi,

I would like to know the difference between HCS08 configuration and FLASH configuration.Whether the HCS08 configuration is used for debugging ?Whether FLASH configuration can be used for debugging.

For my project,when I tried to build and compiler ,it gives erros for HCS08 configuration for overlapping of segments.Please find the attachment ,but when I compile with FLASH Configuration for the same .prm file ,it does not give erros and produces a .sx file.Whether there any specific settings apart of changing the configuration

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Preetu,

This HCS08 configuration is just a basic configuration ,

it need configured by customer refer to customers' demand .

If only select it ,  then configure nothing,  when build , it will show error .

For example , you can create one simple  project to have a try ,

in the "HCS08 compiler" selection , the HCS08 configuration have not include all the

header files :

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

So I recommend you use the FLASH configuration .

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Preetu,

From the error , in generally there maybe some definition overlap at the same address ,

please check these address

pastedImage_0.png

If you have not checked it out, you can also send your project to me .

Hope it helps

Alice

preetuabraham
Contributor III

The chip used is MC9S08GT60 . The configuration for HCS08 is selected from the drop down men which also has FLASH Configuration. I got to know the overlap definition at the same address and when i fixed those erros, it shows a error regardinng allocation of ROM going out of space,

The definition overlap was due to the errors since some variables was defined explicitly defined with address in .c files

So my question is whether the same PRM File cannot be used for both FLASH and HCSO8.

I would like to know the difference between HCS08 configuration and FLASH configuration.Whether the HCS08 configuration is used for debugging ?Whether FLASH configuration can be used for debugging.

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Preetu,

From your screenshot i think maybe you use the CW 10.6 , right ?

If yes , when we create one HCS08 project ,the default configuration is Flash configuration,

there is no HSC08 configuration  :

pastedImage_0.png

So the HCS08 configuration is configured by customer ,  from check the contents  between the two

configuration to the difference :

pastedImage_1.png

Regards

Alice

0 Kudos
preetuabraham
Contributor III

HCS08_2.jpg

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Preetu,

This HCS08 configuration is just a basic configuration ,

it need configured by customer refer to customers' demand .

If only select it ,  then configure nothing,  when build , it will show error .

For example , you can create one simple  project to have a try ,

in the "HCS08 compiler" selection , the HCS08 configuration have not include all the

header files :

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

So I recommend you use the FLASH configuration .

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
preetuabraham
Contributor III

Hi Alice,

Yes I am using 10.6.4 and the starting configuration is Flash

We can set the HCS08 configuration under the option Manage configuration

0 Kudos