Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange behaviour of the Advanced Programming Options

Jump to solution
pascalschröer
Contributor V

Hi at all,

At the moment I'm writing my bachelor thesis about gas analystics. My company told me to take the Kinetis MK10DX128VLH7 MCU

for this project. I haven't found any evaluation board with this specific MCU. So I had the idea to take the FRDM K20D50M board and change

the processor, to simulate my ressources. Well, this idea works and I can program and debug my software! But now, I would like to

save some data in the internal eeprom and flash. So I need to change some settings in the Advanced Programming Options of the CW.

I'm using CW1.6 and there is the following screen:

12530_12530.pngpastedImage_0.png

So now the problem:

All times, when I change only one parameter of these settings for example the "Preserve Memory range" or the checkbox

"Preserve Partitioning for the device",I can't debug my program anymore. I get the following error message:

12529_12529.pngpastedImage_0.png

So I tried to reset the settings but that doesn't fix the error message! I have to delete the whole project and

reimport it, to be able to debug the device.

Does anyone has got an idea why I can't change these settings? b.t.w there is the same problem when I'm using CW1.4

Thanks for your help!

Regards

Pascal

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
pascalschröer
Contributor V

I have found a working way:

Insert the following text to the launch data:

<stringAttributekey="com.pemicro.mcu.debug.connections.pne.arm.PEDEBUG_ALTERNATIVE_ALGORITHM_PATH" value=""/>

<stringAttributekey="com.pemicro.mcu.debug.connections.pne.arm.PEDEBUG_AUTO_SYNC" value="1"/>

<stringAttribute key="com.pemicro.mcu.debug.connections.pne.arm.PEDEBUG_CURRENT_ALGORITHM_INDEX" value="0"/>

<stringAttribute key="com.pemicro.mcu.debug.connections.pne.arm.PEDEBUG_CUSTOM_TRIM" value="0"/>

<stringAttribute key="com.pemicro.mcu.debug.connections.pne.arm.PEDEBUG_DOTRIM" value="0"/>

<stringAttribute key="com.pemicro.mcu.debug.connections.pne.arm.PEDEBUG_DO_PRESERVE_PARTITIONING" value="1"/>

<stringAttribute key="com.pemicro.mcu.debug.connections.pne.arm.PEDEBUG_ENABLE_FLASH_PROGRAMMING_DIALOG" value="0"/>

<stringAttribute key="com.pemicro.mcu.debug.connections.pne.arm.PEDEBUG_ERASE_PROGRAM_WITHOUT_ASKING" value="0"/>

<stringAttribute key="com.pemicro.mcu.debug.connections.pne.arm.PEDEBUG_NGS_TRIM_OVERRIDE_REFERENCE_FREQUENCY" value="3276800"/>

<stringAttribute key="com.pemicro.mcu.debug.connections.pne.arm.PEDEBUG_PARTITION_PARAM" value="13314"/>

<stringAttribute key="com.pemicro.mcu.debug.connections.pne.arm.PEDEBUG_PRESERVE1_ACTIVE" value="1"/>

<stringAttribute key="com.pemicro.mcu.debug.connections.pne.arm.PEDEBUG_PRESERVE1_END" value="268451839"/>

<stringAttribute key="com.pemicro.mcu.debug.connections.pne.arm.PEDEBUG_PRESERVE1_START" value="268435456"/>

<stringAttribute key="com.pemicro.mcu.debug.connections.pne.arm.PEDEBUG_PRESERVE2_ACTIVE" value="1"/>

<stringAttribute key="com.pemicro.mcu.debug.connections.pne.arm.PEDEBUG_PRESERVE2_END" value="335545343"/>

<stringAttribute key="com.pemicro.mcu.debug.connections.pne.arm.PEDEBUG_PRESERVE2_START" value="335544320"/>

<stringAttribute key="com.pemicro.mcu.debug.connections.pne.arm.PEDEBUG_PRESERVE3_ACTIVE" value="0"/>

<stringAttribute key="com.pemicro.mcu.debug.connections.pne.arm.PEDEBUG_PRESERVE3_END" value="3"/>

<stringAttribute key="com.pemicro.mcu.debug.connections.pne.arm.PEDEBUG_PRESERVE3_START" value="0"/>

Now the device will not be partition anymore and you can add the preserve ranges!

Pascal

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
pascalschröer
Contributor V

It seems that there is a problem only with the MK10/20DX128VLH7 series. With an other

MK10DX128VLH5 and MK20DX128VLH5 there is no problem...

0 Kudos
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pascal,

Unfortunately I don't have the MK10/20DX128VLH7 devices.

I've performed some tests with TWR-K20D72M (PK20DX256VLL7) and changing Advanced programming options, will not introduce issues.

According to the SR 1-1707246201, the problem has been reproduced by a colleague.

If you need more assistance, let me know.

Have a great day,
Pascal

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pascalschröer
Contributor V

Okay, thanks for your help.

Let's see what your colleagues say.

Please keep me up to date!

Pascal

0 Kudos
pascalschröer
Contributor V

I have found a working way:

Insert the following text to the launch data:

<stringAttributekey="com.pemicro.mcu.debug.connections.pne.arm.PEDEBUG_ALTERNATIVE_ALGORITHM_PATH" value=""/>

<stringAttributekey="com.pemicro.mcu.debug.connections.pne.arm.PEDEBUG_AUTO_SYNC" value="1"/>

<stringAttribute key="com.pemicro.mcu.debug.connections.pne.arm.PEDEBUG_CURRENT_ALGORITHM_INDEX" value="0"/>

<stringAttribute key="com.pemicro.mcu.debug.connections.pne.arm.PEDEBUG_CUSTOM_TRIM" value="0"/>

<stringAttribute key="com.pemicro.mcu.debug.connections.pne.arm.PEDEBUG_DOTRIM" value="0"/>

<stringAttribute key="com.pemicro.mcu.debug.connections.pne.arm.PEDEBUG_DO_PRESERVE_PARTITIONING" value="1"/>

<stringAttribute key="com.pemicro.mcu.debug.connections.pne.arm.PEDEBUG_ENABLE_FLASH_PROGRAMMING_DIALOG" value="0"/>

<stringAttribute key="com.pemicro.mcu.debug.connections.pne.arm.PEDEBUG_ERASE_PROGRAM_WITHOUT_ASKING" value="0"/>

<stringAttribute key="com.pemicro.mcu.debug.connections.pne.arm.PEDEBUG_NGS_TRIM_OVERRIDE_REFERENCE_FREQUENCY" value="3276800"/>

<stringAttribute key="com.pemicro.mcu.debug.connections.pne.arm.PEDEBUG_PARTITION_PARAM" value="13314"/>

<stringAttribute key="com.pemicro.mcu.debug.connections.pne.arm.PEDEBUG_PRESERVE1_ACTIVE" value="1"/>

<stringAttribute key="com.pemicro.mcu.debug.connections.pne.arm.PEDEBUG_PRESERVE1_END" value="268451839"/>

<stringAttribute key="com.pemicro.mcu.debug.connections.pne.arm.PEDEBUG_PRESERVE1_START" value="268435456"/>

<stringAttribute key="com.pemicro.mcu.debug.connections.pne.arm.PEDEBUG_PRESERVE2_ACTIVE" value="1"/>

<stringAttribute key="com.pemicro.mcu.debug.connections.pne.arm.PEDEBUG_PRESERVE2_END" value="335545343"/>

<stringAttribute key="com.pemicro.mcu.debug.connections.pne.arm.PEDEBUG_PRESERVE2_START" value="335544320"/>

<stringAttribute key="com.pemicro.mcu.debug.connections.pne.arm.PEDEBUG_PRESERVE3_ACTIVE" value="0"/>

<stringAttribute key="com.pemicro.mcu.debug.connections.pne.arm.PEDEBUG_PRESERVE3_END" value="3"/>

<stringAttribute key="com.pemicro.mcu.debug.connections.pne.arm.PEDEBUG_PRESERVE3_START" value="0"/>

Now the device will not be partition anymore and you can add the preserve ranges!

Pascal

0 Kudos
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pascal,

Thanks for info.

I will share it with colleague working on SR.

Regards

Pascal

0 Kudos
pascalschröer
Contributor V

Hi,

did you fix he problem?? Now, I can use the advanced program settings :smileywink:

Pascal

0 Kudos
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pascal,

Sorry for the delay of my answer.

I was in contact with colleague working on this issue through the SR 1-1707246201.

According to the info I've found it seems we were not able to reproduce the behavior on our side.

Colleague proposed you (June 2014) to use the KDS.

What's new ?

KDS V3.0 is the last version released in May 2015

CW for MCU v10.6.4 was released in May 2015 too and a new patch MCU V10.6.5 was released 2 days ago.

Can I suggest you to install both versions and check if the problem has been solved ?

Have a great day,
Pascal
Freescale Technical Support
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
pascalschröer
Contributor V

The problem is fixed! There aren't any problems anymore!

Thanks for your help.

Pascal

0 Kudos
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pascal,

I've some problem to check it.

Please can I ask you to create a SR for this problem ?

Put in the subject "For Pascal" or give me the SR#.

Have a great day,
Pascal
Freescale Technical Support

0 Kudos