CW 10.3 with P1010 QorIQ - Unknown Error(Empty Text)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW 10.3 with P1010 QorIQ - Unknown Error(Empty Text)

Jump to solution
franka
Contributor III

I'm using CW 10.3 with P1010 QorIQ.  When I try to debug my project today, I get this error - Failed to launch application Unknown Error(Empty Text).  Everything worked fine yesterday but today I can't get past this error.  I've restarted CW and tried a simple hello world application but I always get the same Unknown Error(Empty Text).  What does "Empty Text" mean and where should I look to try to fix this error?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
franka
Contributor III

Hi lunminliang,

There were some messages with the logging enabled but they gave me no indication of what was wrong.

Anyway, I figured it out.  I had an evaluation copy of CodeWarrior I was using and I bought the full version but I never obtained the license file because the eval version was working okay.  The eval version must have expired over the weekend.  I went to the "Secure Applications", "Software Licensing" and obtained the license.dat file and put that in Freescale/CodeWarrior/../PA.  Apparently, when the evaluation license expires this Empty Text error must occur when trying to debug.  I can now use Run->Debug Configurations.

Frank

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Is there any log information if you enable CCS log from

"Run->Debug Configurations-><project>-core0_RAM_<processor>-Connect(Download)->Edit...

->Advanced->Advanced CCS setting->Enable logging" ?

0 Kudos
franka
Contributor III

Hi lunminliang,

There were some messages with the logging enabled but they gave me no indication of what was wrong.

Anyway, I figured it out.  I had an evaluation copy of CodeWarrior I was using and I bought the full version but I never obtained the license file because the eval version was working okay.  The eval version must have expired over the weekend.  I went to the "Secure Applications", "Software Licensing" and obtained the license.dat file and put that in Freescale/CodeWarrior/../PA.  Apparently, when the evaluation license expires this Empty Text error must occur when trying to debug.  I can now use Run->Debug Configurations.

Frank

0 Kudos