USB JB8 bit off topic

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB JB8 bit off topic

RChapman
Contributor I
This message contains an entire topic ported from a separate forum. The original message and all replies are in this single message. We have seeded this new forum with selected information that we expect will be of value to you as you search for answers to your questions.

Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:53 am   

Hello

I want to desing a prioduct using the JB8 cpu. I know nothing about USB. Can someone tell me where to find something about the data that need to be send from the cpu to the computer and back. What can i write the USB driver for my thing in on the computer. A compiler i do write in both basic and c.

Regards

Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:24 pm     

xxx wrote:
Hello

I want to desing a prioduct using the JB8 cpu. I know nothing about USB. Can someone tell me where to find something about the data that need to be send from the cpu to the computer and back.

www.usb.org - you can get the USB spec there and that is the ultimate answer to all the questions. Alternatively you can have a look into the TBDML source code to see how it is implemented. Chances are fairly good that you will be able to adapt the code to do whatever your application needs and hence the wheel will not have to be re-invented Smile

xxx wrote:

What can i write the USB driver for my thing in on the computer?

Ansi C. Kernel level programming is very advanced stuff. You will need Windows DDK (Driver Development Kit) which I believe can be obtained for free. However if you do not need something very special than I do not thing that reinventing the driver is the right choice. My choice was the LibUSB driver which comes with source code and is free. See libusb.sourceforge.net and libusb-win32.sourceforge.net. Example of use of this can again be found in the TBDML sources

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:16 am    

Cheers i'll look in to this Smile

regards
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies