cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K MBD Toolbox 2018.R1 MOTORGD, Motor not working

marczander
Contributor II

Hello,

I am trying to get the Matlab Simulink examples running with the S32K144 Dev.-board and the MOTORGD extension.

After compiling, the motor is not turning (only some PWM noise), it’s the same motor as mentioned in the description (Linix 45ZWN24...). If I am running the precompiled demo from the NXP homepage, the motor is working.

Any Idea?

Thanks.

Best regards

Marc

pastedImage_2.png

Matlab\Simulink 2018b

Labels (1)
4 Replies

Daniel_Popa
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mark,

I'll check these day and report back to you on Tuesday. 

There is a small caveat that might explain your finding. During the development we have used and external power supply and we set the DC voltage @15Vdc. Later on, we found out that the initialization procedure of the pre-driver was not 100% completed and there is change that the bootstrap caps are not loaded hence the inverter might not operate correctly.

Best regards,
Daniel

0 Kudos

marczander
Contributor II

Hi Daniel,

thank you for your feedback.

Any news?

Best regards,

Marc

Daniel_Popa
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mark, 

Sorry for delay. Here are the examples i've recently used for a workshop. Can you try these one and let me know your feedback.

Thank you!

Daniel

0 Kudos

marczander
Contributor II

Hi Daniel,

no, still not working. If i am turning the motor shaft manually, sometimes it starts to rotate but not very smooth.

This example works without any problem : https://community.nxp.com/thread/460314

Thanks!

Best regds

Marc