i.mx8qm HDMI RX

Document created by Joan Xie Employee on Jun 29, 2020
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

since imx8qm hdmi rx isn't stable enough, so this document introduce how to  enable HDMI rx simply, as far as I know, 4.14.98_2.3.0 is the most stable version right now, so first, build the 4.14.98_2.3.0 for imx8qm first, I built it on ubuntu 18.04

1 built the images

a) install the package 

refer to the yocto user guide, don't forget install the package

one can refer to the 3.1 Host packages of yocto user guide, for ubuntu 18.04, let me remind, don't forget install the package as below:

$ sudo apt-get install gawk wget git-core diffstat unzip texinfo gcc-multilib \

build-essential chrpath socat cpio python3 python3-pip python3-pexpect \

xz-utils debianutils iputils-ping python3-git python3-jinja2 libegl1-mesa libsdl1.2-dev \

pylint3 xterm

b) setup the repo utility

$ mkdir ~/bin (this step may not be needed if the bin folder already exists)
$ curl https://storage.googleapis.com/git-repo-downloads/repo > ~/bin/repo
$ chmod a+x ~/bin/repo

export PATH=~/bin:$PATH

c) setup the project

$ mkdir imx-yocto-bsp
$ cd imx-yocto-bsp
$ repo init -u https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/imx-manifest -b imx-linux-sumo -m  imx-4.14.98-2.3.0.xml
$ repo sync

d) build images
$ DISTRO=fsl-imx-xwayland MACHINE=imx8qmmek source fsl-setup-release.sh -b build-xwayland-imx8qm
$ bitbake fsl-image-qt5-validation-imx

2 download the images

after building the images, one can find all of images under  imx-yocto-bsp/build-xwayland-imx8qm/tmp/deploy/images/imx8qmmek, for hdmirxfw.bin and hdmitxfw.bin, you also can find them under imx-yocto-bsp/build-xwayland-imx8qm/tmp/work/all-poky-linux/firmware-imx/1_8.4.1-r0/firmware/hdmi/cadence, I attached uuu script for downloading the images to the board by uuu, try to use hdmi in dtb file and add hdmirxfw.bin file

3 boot up the board with HDMI-IN

currently, not all of device can be used as hdmi-in for imx8qm, try to use laptop as hdmi in source, connect laptop with imx8qm J1 port and connect J6 port with HDMI display, when the board boot up, don't forget set fdt_file and image as your own image name, then you can find the log file like this:

4 test HDMI-IN

use the command:

gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video4 ! autovideosink

then one can see the hdmi display shows the same desktop as your laptop's

Attachments

Outcomes