Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant get CDC virtual com demo to work with VB2005 on xp sp3

Jump to solution
Byra
Contributor I

Hi,

I have a windows program written in vb6 that works fine in either xp sp2 or xp sp3, using the CDC virtual com demo in MQX with a 52259. However, when I try to use a similar program written in VB2005 in .NET, it doesnt work. The 52259 never sees any USB activity when the program sends data. The 52259 is showing up as a virtual com port correctly in device manager, and Im able to open the port in VB, but when I write to the port, nothing shows in in the 52259. Ive tried using a port sniffer, and it shows data being sent over the virtual com port but it never makes it to the 52259.

Ive tried replacing the xpsp3 usbser.sys driver with the one fron xp sp2, but it didnt help. Is there anyone else that has had this problem and figured out what is going on?

Thanks,

Byra

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JuroV
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Byra, there is not a param to configure compilation with or without HW flow for USB device, you have to manage that manually for now. Just look at USB_Notif_Callback and remove testing of USB_APP_CDC_DTE_DEACTIVATED / USB_APP_CDC_DTE_ACTIVATED, set start_transactions = TRUE for always.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JuroV
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Did you try to remove 'HW flow' communication in the device app?

0 Kudos
Byra
Contributor I

Hi JuruV,

If you mean in the Windows App, yes, i have tried all 4 HW flow settings (handshake). I get the same results with all of them, which is the data sent from the windows app through the virtual com port never makes it into the 52259.

If you mean in the MQX app on the 52259, I couldnt find any HW Flow control parameters. Is there something Im missing?

Thanks!

--Byra

0 Kudos
JuroV
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Byra, there is not a param to configure compilation with or without HW flow for USB device, you have to manage that manually for now. Just look at USB_Notif_Callback and remove testing of USB_APP_CDC_DTE_DEACTIVATED / USB_APP_CDC_DTE_ACTIVATED, set start_transactions = TRUE for always.

0 Kudos
Kerrie
Contributor I

Thanks so much JuroV,  I was using Codewarrior 6.3, USB stack 3.1.1

CDC demo for 51JE256 and this was exactly what I needed to do to get my demo working.

In the virtual_com.c file (near the bottom of the page) is the

static void USB_Notify_Callback (    uint_8 controller_ID,   /* [IN] Controller ID */    uint_8 event_type,      /* [IN] PSTN Event Type */    void* val               /* [IN] gives the configuration value */){    UNUSED (controller_ID)    UNUSED (val)    if(start_app == TRUE)    {                   start_transactions = TRUE;            if(event_type == USB_APP_CDC_CARRIER_ACTIVATED)        {            // start_transactions = TRUE;        }        else if(event_type == USB_APP_CDC_CARRIER_DEACTIVATED)        {            // start_transactions = FALSE;        }          }    return;}

0 Kudos