cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash burst programming in reverse order

Obetz
Contributor III

Hello All,

has anyone tried burst programming 9S08 Flash in reverse order, IOW with descending addresses?

I didn't investigate it further but found that programming a certain block works well in reverse order (in my example 32 bytes 0xe220..0xe200) but got strange results in other locations, e.g. shifted and doubled programming.

My algorithm works if I change the command from 0x25 to 0x20.

As I read the docs, a certain (ascending) order should not be needed.

Oliver

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

peg
Senior Contributor IV

Hello Oliver,

I have never tried to do that or even considered it. I would not be surprised if programming from lower to higher addresses was just "assumed". They keep using "next sequential" everywhere which tends to suggest that you can go either way where "next higher" would make it clear if that's what they meant. One place that suggests going up is "A new row begins when addresses A5 through A0 are all zero". This of course is only true if counting up. On my experience with trying to get any more information about flash details is anything to go by you will have to be satisfied with the results of your testing and perhaps a poll here. (If you can find anyone else programming backwards) :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos