i.MX6DL GPIO pinmux in kernel 5.2.17

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6DL GPIO pinmux in kernel 5.2.17

johnswenson1
Contributor I

I've been using a i.MX6DL custom board for several years, using several GPIO. It has used several versions of fedora linux. I have been adding a hog group in the DTS file and the sysfs scheme to set the gpios, this has been working fine for several years. The software people want to switch to FC30 which uses kernel 5.2.17 and the hog group no longer works. I've been using the exact same DTS file and it no longer works, the pinmux never switches to the GPIO, the gpios themselves seem to be setting properly, they just don't show up on the pad. The DTS file in FC30 (using the hummingboard.dts) has all the gpio-ranges set properly.

I tried using the new gpiod system and that doesn't work either, the pinmux never changes.

I have spent the last teo weeks pouring over hundreds of articles on the web and non of them work. (they work under older kernels but not for 5.2.17).

At this point I have no clue how I get the pinmux to point to the GPIO of a pad under kernel 5.2.17. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,

John S.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Unfortunately, you are using an unsupported BSP by us. We do not provide any Fedora distribution image. What I suggest you is to use our official BSPs.

Best regards,

Diego

0 Kudos