cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NHS 3152 current reading

joohee710610
Contributor I

Hello, everyone.

I want to read the current of a sensor using the NHS 3152.

I already had a NHS 3152 starter kit. 

However, I don't understand the datasheet because my major is in materials science.

Therefore, I have many wondering. 

First, I think that the sensor needs to connect to the pin to read current. What number of the pin is connected to the sensor? 

Second, I need to code the chip to read current. Are any open sources to read current of the sensor? 

0 Kudos
1 Reply

driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

The NHS3152 contains 6 analog lines that can be connected to the I2D (current-to-digital) HW block. You will need to write a C code that runs on the ARM processor in the NHS3152 IC to connect the lines internally to the I2D HW block, to power and clock the I2D block, to configure it and to start a conversion.

You can download the SDK for the NHS3152 free of charge from nxp.com: go to www.nxp.com/pages/:NHS3152, click TOOLS & SOFTWARE, scroll down and download SDK 11.2 for NHS3152. Inside, be sure to follow the getting started guide docs/UM_NHS31xx_GettingStarted.pdf, and to check the firmware for an explanation of all the blocks, and code snippets: docs/firmware.html > modules > drivers > i2d: Current to Digital converter driver

This should get you started.

Kind regards,
Dries.

0 Kudos