cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

current sense amplifier configuration of MC9S12ZVMC25F1WKK

wangzhen
Contributor II

Hello!
I want to ask for help about current sense amplifier of MC9S12ZVMC25F1WKK.
Q1.The GDUCSO register offers GCSO[2:0] to adjust the input offset voltage. And why the Datasheet recommends that the external voltage reference has to be used?
Q2.Is there simulation model of MC9S12ZVMC25F1WKK or the amplifier? Is there independent amplifier recommended with similar parameters?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

pachamatej
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Actually, the offset you are referring to (the one set by GDUCSO) is intended to compensate for slight offset changes only - not to create the base offset. In chapter 18.3.2.11 of the Reference manual, you can see the offset voltage can be set from +9mV to -9mV (GDUV5 and V6) or +15mV to -15mV (GDUV4). Integrating an internal full-range voltage reference would be very expensive and would not fit to some usecases anyway. Therefore an external voltage reference should be used to create the base offset.

To create this base offset (e.g. 2.5 V), a voltage divider supplied from 5 V (VDDA) can be used, but it should be of the same impedance as the opamp input resistor network. Or, you can simply reuse what is implemented in our S12ZVM-MINIBRD (see the schematics at https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/S12ZVML-MINIBRD_UM.pdf ).

Regarding to your second question, I'm not aware of any simulation model of the opamp provided (maybe somebody else could help on this). From my personal experience, the opamp is designed as an amplifier of these low level signals and I would use it with a gain of approx. 10 to 50, which perfectly fits most of the motor control applications at 12 Volts. I would not recommend to use it as a voltage reference and also not with the gain of 1 (or close to 1). 

Best regards,

Matej

0 Kudos