cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K82 : SWD interface

EugeneHiihtaja
Senior Contributor I

Hello !

On FRDM-K82-SCH schematic I can see SWD connector J19 pin 10 have connection to MCU reset pin RESET.

Is this mandatory for K82 on our custom board ?

Or we can flash MCU by J-Link by using standart SWD signals SWCLK, ( SWV), SWDIO and GND ?

Regards,

Eugene

0 Kudos
3 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Eugene,

the reset line is not mandatary, but highyl recommended. The reason is that this way the debug probe can wake up the CPU and put it into reset if it does not respond to the SWD signals (which easily can be the case e.g. for low power modes). Not having the reset line present on the debug connector will make it difficult if not impossible to connect to the MCU in such situations.

So for my projects and boards, I *always* have the reset line present on the SWD connector.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

EugeneHiihtaja
Senior Contributor I

Hi Erich !

But what we should do if we would like to connect full JTAG interface ?

JTAG-TRST should be connected to PTA5 or RESET_b ?

Or what is expected full layout ?

Regards,

Eugene

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Eugene,

No. This is not mandatory for K82.
You can flash MCU by J-Link by using standart SWD signals SWCLK, ( SWV), SWDIO and GND.

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos