CW to MCUXpresso Migration

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW to MCUXpresso Migration

mayursavaj
Contributor III

I am using MK22FX512 micro controller with CW 10.6 IDE for firmware development.

I want to migrate to MCUXpresso with minimal changes.Can I do that?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

the changes are not that minimal, depending if you simply want to get your project running in MCUXpresso IDE or if you want to switch to the MCUXpresso SDK. The SDK is fundamentally different from the drivers you probably have used in CW 10.6. If you have used Processor Expert for your CW project, it would be possible to run that in MCUXPresso IDE too, but I recommend that you should switch to the new MCUXpresso Configuration tools instead.

If you want to port you a Processor Expert project, you might have a look at the following article: Porting Processor Expert Projects to MCUXpresso IDE | MCU on Eclipse. This basically moves over your files from the CW project to a new project in MCUXpresso IDE.

Migrating your project to a MCUXpresso SDK project is not straight forward (depending on your application and what kind of drivers you are using), but longer term this would be the way to go.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

mayursavaj
Contributor III

Hi Erich,

Thank You for quick response.

We haven't used Processor Expert for CW projects.

I just want to simply my CW project should run on MCUXpresso and able to create firmware.

Regards,

Mayur Savaj

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mayur,

then I suggest that you download the MCUXpresso SDK for the K22FX512, add that to the IDE and create a new project for it, then add your code/drivers.

Erich

0 Kudos

mayursavaj
Contributor III

Hi Erich,

I have tried the above process and created new project. I have added my code and driver also.

But I am getting some error related to ISR vector table.I think definition is different in MCUXpresso compare to CW. 

Do you have any example project for MK22FX512 on MCUXpresso? if yes please share with me it will help me a lot.

Regards,

Mayur Savaj

0 Kudos