Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X11 of fsl-yocto-L4.9.11_1.0.0 for imx6 solo

Jump to solution
westbrook
Contributor III

Hello guys,

I am using imx6 on customized board. I need to update to the L4.9.11_1.0.0, using X11 on this version. So I use following configurations:

DISTRO=fsl-imx-x11 MACHINE=imx6solosabresd source fsl-setup-release.sh -b build-x11

bitbake fsl-image-validation-imx

I have two questions:

1. Is X11 supported on this yocto BSP? Is above configurations correct for getting X11 image for imx6 solo? 

2. With this yocto, how can I build a toolchain?

Thank you in advance.

BR,

Xiao

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Xiao Qiang,

You can find more details of the supported configurations on the BSP documentation, available on the following link:

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L4.9.11_1.0.0_LINUX_DOCS&Parent_nodeId=12768102982417208...

You can build an X11 image for the i.MX6 Solo by following the steps on the documentation. The configuration you listed is correct.

Once the build directory is initialized you can run the following command to extract the toolchain:

$ bitbake meta-toolchain

I hope this helps,

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 Replies
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Xiao Qiang,

You can find more details of the supported configurations on the BSP documentation, available on the following link:

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L4.9.11_1.0.0_LINUX_DOCS&Parent_nodeId=12768102982417208...

You can build an X11 image for the i.MX6 Solo by following the steps on the documentation. The configuration you listed is correct.

Once the build directory is initialized you can run the following command to extract the toolchain:

$ bitbake meta-toolchain

I hope this helps,

Regards,

westbrook
Contributor III

Hi Gusarambula,

Thanks for your reply. I have another two question:

1. Using above default local.conf, execute “bitbake fsl-image-validation-imx", will I get filesystem using "systemd" or "sysvinit"?

2. If the default building is not "sysvinit", how can I change to build filesystem using "sysvinit"?

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Xiao

0 Kudos