MCUXpresso and tailored FRDM-K64

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso and tailored FRDM-K64

luimarma
Contributor III

I am developing a networked solution based in FRDM-K64 board.

This board have a lot of nice features that I will not use and in the other hand I need to free some GPIOs to make use of them for this project .

So the idea is to design a tailored FRDM-K64 board without most of its periferal devices, the less components possible but keeping its ethernet capabilities.

One of the things that I need to get rid of, is the OpenSDA interface, If so... Is there anyway to make use of the the axf file generated by MCUXpresso? Haw can I program the MK64FN mcu without the OpenSDA interface?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Luis,

You will need an interface to program the K64-F. If you want to save pins I would recommend to use Serial Wire Debug (SWD) interface. Different from JTAG interface, SWD only takes two pins: 

• SWCLK = clock. 
  • SWDIO = Data input/output. 

Hope it helps!

Victor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

0 Kudos

luimarma
Contributor III

Thanks Victor. This I have clear. Do you know if it is possible to setup MCU Expresso to program the board using the SWD interface?

Regards,

Luis

0 Kudos

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Luis,

The fully featured debugger supports both SWD and JTAG debugging, and features direct download to on-chip and external flash memory.

Link to MCUXpresso IDE User Guide. 

Hope it helps!

Victor.

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!