Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing FreeRTOS TAD views on MCUXpresso 10.2.1

biafra
Senior Contributor I

Hi everyone,

I've just installed MCUXpresso 10.2.1.

I opened a project that I was debugging fine with MCUXpresso 10.2.0.

I'm not able to access to FreeRTOS menu that it should be located between the Run and Window menus: is there any way to enable it?

pastedImage_3.png

Many thanks

Biafra

7 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I am glad to hear that you have managed to get the FreeRTOS plugin working.

Unfortunately, we have been unable to replicate this issue on any of our test or development machines (including multiple Win7, Win8 and Win10 PCs).

If anyone else encounters this problem, please can you ZIP up and post the contents of the \.metadata\.log file from inside your workspace directory - as this may give an indication as to what is going on.

Please also confirm that the following file exists in your IDE installation:

C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_10.2.1_795\ide\plugins\com.nxp.freertos.gdb.tad_1.0.6.201807131518.jar

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

harry_tsai
Contributor I

I just experienced this problem, and I also fixed it by reinstalling.  But after I reinstalled, I think I realized my original mistake.

I was in the "C/C++" perspective instead of the default "Develop" perspective.  The difference is very subtle -- the lack of "FreeRTOS" menu is the main thing.

I think that was my only problem, but just in case, I have attached the .metadata/.log from my old installation.  I also confirmed that C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_10.2.1_795\ide\plugins\com.nxp.freertos.gdb.tad_1.0.6.201807131518.jar existed in that installation.

BTW, I ended up in the "C/C++" perspective because I had very little experience with perspectives.  A couple months ago, I had gotten stuck in the "Pins" perspective after poking around in ConfigTools, and not knowing how to get back.  So I started trying all the perspectives, in alphabetic order.  "C/C++" is at the top of the list, and it looked about right, so I just stayed there.  I only discovered the FreeRTOS Debug Guide yesterday, so I never even realized I was supposed to have a "FreeRTOS" menu at all.

biafra
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

I can confirm that the com.nxp.freertos.gdb.tad_1.0.6.201807131518.jar file is present in the correct installation path.

I can't say if the file was present before unistalling the MCUXpresso 10.2.1.

Many thanks

Biafra

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Biafra,

it happened to me once as well. But it showed up for me when I did start the IDE again. I first thought it must be must me, but it seems that this could happen the first time you start the IDE.

Can you retry?

I hope this helps,

Erich

biafra
Senior Contributor I

Hi Erich,

I tried to re-open the same project, open another project created with an older version or create a new project, but no way: the FreeRTOS menu is never displayed.

Do you think I have to restart the computer (I've not restarted it after the MCUXpresso 10.2.1 installation)?

Many thanks

Biafra

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I'm not sure what might causing this. I have for sure on my side restarted the IDE, but I believe restarted the computer as well (not sure, it was deep at night). So yes, I would give restart of the computer a try.

I hop this helps,

Erich

biafra
Senior Contributor I

Hi BlackNight‌,

I've done a restart with no success.

But I've uninstalled and then installed back MCUXpresso 10.2.1 and it has done the work: now I can debug with FreeRTOS TAD.

Many thanks

Biafra