AnsweredAssumed Answered

IMX6 Daul Android 6.0.1 CTS test

Question asked by RueiChang Chang on Jul 6, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 16, 2018 by RueiChang Chang

Hello NXP,

I recently start teting CTS with  Android 6.0 R28 Compatibility Test Suite (CTS) - ARM

And I've got some issues below, could you check these issues for me and give me some feedback, thanks a lot.

Test Report for -

com.android.cts.appsecurity.ExternalStorageHostTest
-- testExternalStorageNone
fail
java.lang.AssertionError: on-device tests failed: com.android.cts.externalstorageapp.ExternalStorageTest#testDownloadManagerPackage:
-- testExternalStorageRead
fail
java.lang.AssertionError: on-device tests failed: com.android.cts.readexternalstorageapp.ReadExternalStorageTest#testMountPointsNotWritable:
-- testExternalStorageWrite
fail
java.lang.AssertionError: on-device tests failed: com.android.cts.writeexternalstorageapp.WriteExternalStorageTest#testSecondaryMountPointsNotWritable:
-- testMultiUserStorageIsolated
fail
java.lang.AssertionError: on-device tests failed: com.android.cts.multiuserstorageapp.MultiUserStorageTest#testMediaProviderUserIsolation:

According to ExternalStorageHostTest, I can 100 percent to confirm testExternalStorageRead and testExternalStorageWrite are caused by Adoptable Storage.  But I don't understand why testExternalStorageNone nad testMultiUserStorageIsolated are still FAIL. On the Internet, there is some one told me, remove the STORAGE_PRIMARY := internal then you might get pass. But I can't find this keywords so far. 

Test Report for -

com.android.cts.appsecurity.PermissionsHostTest
-- testInteractiveGrant
fail
java.lang.AssertionError: Failed to successfully run device tests for com.android.cts.usepermission: Instrumentation run failed due to 'Process crashed.' at com.android.cts.appsecurity.Utils.runDeviceTests(Utils.java:85)
-- testNoPermissionEscalation
fail
java.lang.AssertionError: on-device tests failed: com.android.cts.escalatepermission.PermissionEscalationTest#testCannotEscalateNonRuntimePermissionsToRuntime:

According to PermissionsHostTest, I have no idea what happended. Because I think this issue is caused by user mode. How do you think on it?

Test Report for -

com.android.cts.appsecurity.PkgInstallSignatureVerificationTest
-- testInstallApkWhichDoesNotStartWithZipLocalFileHeaderMagic
fail
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Install of v1-only-starts-with-00000000-magic.apk succeeded but was expected to fail with "INSTALL_FAILED_INVALID_APK" at junit.framework.Assert.fail(Assert.java:50)

The final issue is about PkgInstallSignatureVerificationTest, actually, I think this issue is caused by my source code. Our source is not the lastest version. Is there any latest source code that we could combine it with our source code? And maybe the CTS issues would be reduced.

Outcomes