I'm having some trouble understanding the self test function on the FXAS21002. The datasheet shows a self-test output change of [min, typ, max] = [7000, 16000, 25000] for CTRL_REG0[FS] = 00. With this in mind, a few questions:
- Should this be interpreted as a stable, constant offset from zero rate? (i.e., should X, Y and Z ideally output a stable 16000LSB when the device is configured for self test operation?)
- Why such a large variation between min (7000) and max (25000)?
- Is it safe to assume similar min, typ and max STOC values for different full-scale range configurations?
- Should there be some correlation between X, Y and Z?
- The unit I'm currently working with outputs a constant [X,Y,Z]=[~5700,~18200, ~15650] LSB. I'm not sure how to interpret this information. The X-axis output is well below the min of 7000. Does this mean the unit is faulty?
Thank you in advance!