MKL13Z64 ROM bootloader app downloading?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MKL13Z64 ROM bootloader app downloading?

jqy
Contributor I

Hi,

I have tried to find the ROM bootloader service app for the MKL13Z64 mcu and couldn't find it. Could anybody please guide me to where I can download it?

Thanks!

Jieqiu

0 Kudos
5 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jieqiu,

About the KL13 app code, you can use our SDK, please go to this link:

https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/select 

Select the KL13Z64 chip, then generate the code and download it, you can use the IDE generate the .bin file at first.

72.jpg

About the ROM bootloader download, please refer to our KBOOT2.0:

www.nxp.com/kboot

Download the KBOOT2.0, then you refer to document: Getting Started with the Kinetis ROM Bootloader.pdf and Kinetis Bootloader Demo Application User's Guide.pdf in folder:

NXP_Kinetis_Bootloader_2_0_0\doc

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jqy
Contributor I

Hi Kerry,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Sorry I have got more questions. I am going to try the ROM bootloader. It seems that it can only be used when it is the first time to load the code. Once an app is in the flash, it will need to reset the boot root bit to boot the ROM bootloader. I haven’t got the board back yet.

If it is the case, I have to use a Flash-Resident Bootloader. Could you please advise me any available example code for this flash resident bootloader I can work on?

Cheers

Jieqiu

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jieqiu,

Do you have the JLINK, and your KL03 have the reseved SWD interface?

If yes, please use the JLINK command, connect your chip, then input: unlock kinetis

Just to the mass erase.

I am afraid the problem is caused by your app, it modified the FOPT in flash adddress 0X40D.

pastedImage_1.png

If you configure the chip boot from flash, and enable BOOTPIN_OPT, then you can't enter the ROM bootloader again, you must need to erase the flash configuration field, then you can enter ROM bootloader.

Anyway, use external debugger JLINK to do the mass erase at first.

Then check your application code, flash address 0x40d, what's the data in the FOPT?

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

jqy
Contributor I

Hi Kerry,

In this project, I am using MKL13Z64 MCU. Two questions:

1. Can I reconfigure the FOPT register in my app? What I try to do is that when reboot to ROM is needed, I can send a command to the app to reconfigure the FOPT register. Then when next reset occurs, the ROM bootloader can be booted. Is this possible?

2. Is it possible to get a flash resident bootloader?

Thanks

Jieqiu

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jieqiu,

1. You can configure the FOPT register in your app, but now, the app already downloaded to your flash, you can't modify the FOPT with your downloaded app now. Do you tried the JLINK? You also can check the 0X40D data directly, I don't know what's you FOPT data now. If you want to use the app to reconfigure the FOPT after receiving the command, you can write the code to modify the FOPT in your app. You can copy the data to RAM at first, then erase the FOPT flash sector, write that sector again. Just do the flash operation in your app. But I think you don't need to do it, actually, in the app, you just leave the NMI to enter the ROM bootloader is OK.

2. Of course you can use flash bootloader, but KL13 already have the ROM bootloader, if you just use UART, USB, SPI bootloader, ect. you don't need to rewrite the flash bootloader, because you just have 64K flash.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos