HI, I am flashing NXP S12ZVL32 micro using P&E micro degugger, i am getting below warning while flashing please assist me to resolve it-" Can't program 8 bytes to address 0xfffff8 because this range isn't included in the selected modules! "

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HI, I am flashing NXP S12ZVL32 micro using P&E micro degugger, i am getting below warning while flashing please assist me to resolve it-" Can't program 8 bytes to address 0xfffff8 because this range isn't included in the selected modules! "

nagarajgudneppa
Contributor I

Hi,

We are flashing the S19 file using code worrior IDE and using below setup,

We are using the below setup environment:

Flash tool: P&E micro debugger

Algorithm: MC9S12ZVL32

IDE: Codeworrior 10.6

Debug connection: BDM (Port C)

We are getting the below warning while flashing, please help in resolving it.

"Can't program 8 bytes to address 0xfffff8 because this range isn't included in the selected modules!"
0 Kudos
1 Reply

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The address 0xFF_FFF8 belongs to Program NVM segment and it can be programmed by the  Flash algorithm: MC9S12ZVL32_FLASH

I assume you may program a different memory segment then Program Flash such as EEPROM.

The warning indicates that the data at this addresses cannot be programmed by the selected algorithm and ignores the appropriate s19 line.

To get rid of the warning please make sure your S19 file contains just data accepted by the selected flash algorithm.

Hope it helps.

Stan

0 Kudos