Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identifying the type of card Mifare

Jump to solution
nickgladyshev
Contributor I

Hello!

I can not understand how to determine the type of card. I read documents AN10833 and AN10834. Of them I realized that only SAK should not be relied upon. ATR analysis with Mifare Plus EV1 cards does not work. I tried a lot of libraries and ways to determine the type of card and finally got confused ... Help me in this, please!

I'm new to this, so please explain in more detail.

Regards,
Niсk Gladyshev

1 Solution
IvanRuiz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please refer to the flowchart (Fig 3. MIFARE Card Activation examples) in AN10834, please follow it based on the SAK response (3.2 Coding of Select Acknowledge (SAK)) of AN10833 so that you understand it in a better way.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ivan.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
IvanRuiz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please refer to the flowchart (Fig 3. MIFARE Card Activation examples) in AN10834, please follow it based on the SAK response (3.2 Coding of Select Acknowledge (SAK)) of AN10833 so that you understand it in a better way.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ivan.

nickgladyshev
Contributor I

Hello!

Thank you very much for the answer.

I dealt with identification, analyzed SAK and everything worked. But in this table there is no Mifare Plus SE and EV1. With SE, I did the same as with Plus S and Plus X, analyzed ATS, saw the repeated bytes. But with EV1 harder, I had to perform GetVersion, and based on the answer I made my conclusions. Have I done the right thing with SE and EV1?

And the second question, in Fig. 3 documents AN10834 if SAK bit 2 = 1, what type of chip will it be? In the scheme it is smeared and it is not clear.

Regards,
Niсk

0 Kudos