cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADC Internal refernce voltage for K53n512

kanimozhiraju
Contributor I

Hi, 

I try to interface the temperature sensor with k53n512 and I need to know the reference voltage options to use for ADC.Please tell me that bandgap reference voltage can be used as ADC reference voltage.I tried with internal regulator voltage 1.75 and MCU AFE reference as 3V.But i need to to use 1.4 to 1.5V.Could anyone make a clarification for exact usage and various ways of reference voltage for Single ended ADC.I am using single ended ADC.Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Per the data sheet, you may directly apply 1.4 to 1.5v on VREFH, please kindly refer to the following for details.

pastedImage_1.png

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

egoodii
Senior Contributor III

If you don't end up using the bandgap as a direct ADC reference, if you are willing to do two conversions you can use it as an indirect reference, as spelled out in AN3031 or my post:

On-chip temperature Calculations 

As noted in there, the bandgap stability is, however, 'not great', with an 80mV drift band (Vtdrift) across temp, which is > +/-3%.

0 Kudos