Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-KL03Z: Error using KDS Debug Tool

Jump to solution
sarastout-grand
Contributor III

Hello,

I have been using the FRDM-KL03Z with the kds debug tool for several weeks without issue. Today, I made the mistake of trying to change the project debug optimization properties after I had already invoked the debugger (code was not running though as it was at a breakpoint). Now, none of my programs work, I get the same error every time:

"Exception occurred during launch. Reason: Error in services launch sequence."

I have been trying for several hours to fix this and am now at a loss. I have obviously screwed something up by trying to change those settings while the debugger was active.

Please help!!

Thanks,

Sara

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sara,

hard to tell without further information.

You could try a new project in a new workspace too, just to be sure it is not an Eclipse setting somehow?

What debug firmware are you using? I would either use the Segger or P&E OpenSDA firmware on the board (the CMSIS-DAP/OpenOCD connection is not reliable enough).

Other than that, I wrote to articles which might be helpful to track down the issue:

Board Bring-Up Tips, GDB Logs and Traces in Eclipse | MCU on Eclipse 

Debugging Failure: Check List and Hints | MCU on Eclipse 

Other than that, can you share your launch configuration settings (screenshots) at least?

Erich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sarastout-grand
Contributor III

Hi Erich,

Your "Debugging Failure" document was interesting and gave me a few things to try. Nothing worked. However, after I shut down my computer and restarted it, everything seemed fine again. Weird...

Thanks anyway!

Sara

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sara,

have you already tried debugging that board with a fresh/new project?

Erich

0 Kudos
sarastout-grand
Contributor III

Hi Erich,

Yes. I get the same error message. I have tried both closing down the program and powering off the board also to no avail.

Any ideas?

Sara

Sara Stout-Grandy, M.Eng., Ph.D., P.Eng.

Senior Hardware Designer

20 Angus Morton Dr., Bedford,

NS, Canada, B4B 0L9

902-450-1700, x278

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sara,

hard to tell without further information.

You could try a new project in a new workspace too, just to be sure it is not an Eclipse setting somehow?

What debug firmware are you using? I would either use the Segger or P&E OpenSDA firmware on the board (the CMSIS-DAP/OpenOCD connection is not reliable enough).

Other than that, I wrote to articles which might be helpful to track down the issue:

Board Bring-Up Tips, GDB Logs and Traces in Eclipse | MCU on Eclipse 

Debugging Failure: Check List and Hints | MCU on Eclipse 

Other than that, can you share your launch configuration settings (screenshots) at least?

Erich

0 Kudos