cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run MPC567XADAT516 in stand-alone mode

suchaeha
Contributor I

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to make MPC567XADAT516 board run in stand-alone mode where the ADAT516 board was detached from MPC567XEVBMB motherboard.

As far as I know, there are two ways to supply the power to the ADAT516 board in stand-alone.
One is primary power which is provided through stack headers from motherboard.
Another is alternate power which is applied directly through on-board 5V input J5 pins.
The selection of power supply is done by VDD_SEL jumper.

But in any case MPC5674F doesn't run when I monitor the cpu running state with JTAG of 'Multilink Universal'.
I have encountered the error message related to "instruction error" on JTAG window.

Can anyone help me to run ADAT516 in stand-alone module?
Can anyone please let me know what other things should be also performed to do it except for power supply to ADAT516?

Regards,

Hoseok Seo

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

suchaeha
Contributor I

Hi Lukas,

Thank you so much.
Your detailed reply is greatly helpful in resolving my problem.

Thanks again

Regards,

Hoseok Seo

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Hoseok,

I have checked it here and to make it working it is necessary:

- connect GND, +3.3V and 5V to J5. This is mentioned in section Power Supply in user guide.

- connect +5V to cut trace CT6. This is supply voltage and reference for ADC. It is also mentioned in user guide, section Analog Supply

- and the last thing which is not documented - there are four important pins used to select boot and PLL options: BOOTCFG0, BOOTCFG1, PLLCFG0 and PLLCFG1.

All these pins are connected to config switch on motherboard but they are left unconnected on the adapter board. BOOTCFG0/1 pins have internal pull down resistors. This is OK, it select internal flash boot mode. 

PLLCFG0/1 pins have internal pull up resistors. As you can find in the reference manual, this is reserved option. To select crystal reference, it is necessary to pull the PLLCFG1 down. And this is the key point - you have to find a way how to force this pin low. Unfortunately this signal is connected only to connector P1. Maybe you can try to solder thin wire to the side of connector P1 or something like that.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos