No Support for H.264 Encoder and MJPEG(Encoder & Decoder) in IMX multimedia Codec Library

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Support for H.264 Encoder and MJPEG(Encoder & Decoder) in IMX multimedia Codec Library

adityanagal
Contributor III

Hi  ,

I am working on the IMX6 solo based platform and using IMX Multimedia Codec library (imx-codec-4.0.9) , but  it seems this library does not support H.264 encoding and MJPEG encoding & decoding. API document for H.264 encoding and MJPEG encoding & decoding is missing in the docs folder . Does this library supports these codecs , otherwise

how to implement encoder for H.264 and encoder and decoder for MJPEG.

Regards,

Aditya Nagal

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Aditya 

please check attached Release Notes sect.6.5 Multimedia feature matrix, included in each bsp documentation

package from below link

http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/i.mx-applications-process...

Note, not all i.MX processors have vpu so one needs to check chip full part number.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

rogerio_silva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Aditya,

Have you tried the VPU unit test? In images generated by NXP BSP, the VPU unit test is located at /unit_tests/mxc_vpu_test.out. It can encode and decode the formats you need. If you have problems, please let me know.

Best regards,

Rogerio

0 Kudos