Is there a way to have multiple instances of the same cluster on the same endpoint?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to have multiple instances of the same cluster on the same endpoint?

emmanuelhernand
Contributor II

So development so far for me has been fine developing clusters, but one thing that has puzzled me: clusters such as the Binary Input (Basic Cluster) or the Level Control Cluster seem to only allow for one instance of those attributes, as in I can only have one binary input, or only one attribute that has a level control. Which seems pretty strange and limiting. What if I want multiple binary attributes, like multiple device settings I'd like to toggle on or off from the coordinator, or multiple different things that have level controls, like speaker volume and LED brightness, on the same end device? I seem to be able to add multiple of the same cluster in the .zpscfg but there doesn't seem to be any way to distinguish them from one another when I want to read their attributes from a coordinator. Do I just have to make a manufacturer specific cluster and put them all in there? That just feels like a great amount of work when ZPS should make things like this pretty trivial. I just feel like there has to be an easier way.

Labels (1)
1 Reply

emmanuelhernand
Contributor II

Well I figured it out on my own. Basically, all you have to do is go into the .zpscfg and go to your end device and just add "New Child -> End Point" and from there add a new input cluster with your duplicate cluster.