Potential flash damage?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential flash damage?

brookmatheson12
Contributor I

Hi I have created some PCBs based around the LPC1769, 10 of these boards have been assembled at an assembly house of which only 2 function.

I am programming these boards with a working bootloader program via flash magic, to get the lpc1769 into isp mode I pull pin 2.10 to ground as it is pulled high with a 10k resistor as well as reset. This allows the chip to enter into ispboot mode allowing communication via uart0, this has worked for 2 of the boards allowing the bootloader code to be programmed and they have functioned correctly.

With the other 8 boards imediately on power up the lpc1769 enters isp boot mode without pin 2.10 being pulled to ground, I have checked this pin with my oscilloscope and can see it is high the entire time. I have also checked the individual supply inputs and they are all receiving a clean 3.3v supply?

So I can connect to flash magic and read the flash memory for these 8 boards, which has FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF value for all the sections.

After programming the bootloaader I cannot reset the lpc1769 and if I look at the flash memory I have the same value for all sections, so the program hasn't been stored in the flash.

Could this be caused by damage to the flash during the reflow solder process?

Any ideas to what might be causing this would be awesome,

cheers.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

It seems so weird, only two boards can works well, however others all failed.

I'd highly recommend you to program the these boards by using the external debugger, such as ULINK2, JLINK.

And It will jump out some messages to notify the device can't be programmed if the device had already been damaged.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos