USB CDC DEVICE

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB CDC DEVICE

kirantujare
Contributor IV

I had a project where my entire code was written in CodeWarrior 10.6.4. Right now, I need to add the USB feature to my project, therefore the code for this new feature should also be in CodeWarrior. I want to add USB CDC DEVICE mode for MK50DX256CLK10. I downloaded USB Stack v4.1.1 NXP bare metal (no OS) USB Stack and by referring to the example project for MK53N512ZCLQ10 I wrote the code for my processor. It seems to work fine with some complications. The USB Device is detected but I see nothing on the hyperterminal. I try to transmit data but I receive nothing. I used USBTrace to find out what is wrong and I found that while receiving the status is unsuccessful. I have attached what I see on the USBTrace. I would appreciate if someone could help me with this

0 Kudos
12 Replies

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

The USB Stack v4.1.1 NXP baremetal stack software for K53 project is based on Kinetis 100MHz silicon V1.x.

Customer now is using Kinetis 100MHz silicon V2.x.

There with some difference at MCG, SIM and USB module.

Please check AN4445 application note for the detailed info.

So far, the KSDK software provide the USB driver for Kinetis 100MHz silicon V2.x product.

Customer could using KDS IDE software with KSDK software.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

kirantujare
Contributor IV

Hi Hui,

I did not understand. I am using the MK50DX256CLK10.
Could you tell me where I could change the SIM, MCG and USB module?
I have attached my project below. Would you check it once to tell what could be wrong? I would appreciate it.

Regards,
Kiran Tujare

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Please check my attached project, which I tested working with TWR-K40D100M board (K40 100MHz silicon Rev2.x MCU on board).

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

kirantujare
Contributor IV

Hi Hui,

Thank you for the info. Is there a project for mk50 board?

I used your reference code for my project and I am getting several warnings.
I think these alignment warnings are the real problem cause the USB CDC doesn't work.I have attached the screenshots of the warning below.

-Kiran

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Yes, the project is also suitable for K50 product.

I will check with Processor Expert team if there with updated USB CDC component.

Thank you for the patience.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

0 Kudos

kirantujare
Contributor IV

Hi Hui,

When I used USB Stack v4.1.1 NXP bare metal (no OS) USB Stack to create my project(mk50) based on example project on mk53, I could create the virtual com port but I could not send/receive characters on the hyper terminal (teraterm). Please let me know if there is a way out of this situation.

-Kiran

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

I checked KSDK V2.0 provide software package for MK50DX256xxx10 product.

Customer could refer that USB CDC device application located below folder:

C:\Freescale\SDK_2.0_MK50DX256xxx10\boards\twrk60d100m\usb_examples\usb_device_cdc_vcom\bm

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

0 Kudos

kirantujare
Contributor IV

Hi Hui,

But the above is for KDS not for Codewarrior right?

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Right.

So far, with strategy modification, the new Kinetis software will be released for KDS, not CodeWarrior any more.

Thank you for the understanding.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

0 Kudos

kirantujare
Contributor IV

Hi Hui,

The project you sent me is for TWR-K40D100M board (K40 100MHz silicon Rev2.x MCU on board). In the http://cache.nxp.com/files/32bit/doc/app_note/AN4445.pdf manual the SIM_SOPT2 is changed from 4004_8004 to 4002_F100 and SIM_CLKDIV2 is changed from 4004_8048 to 4002_F014. But in the MK40 and MK50 they look the same. Please correct me if I interpreted it wrongly. Also I get the following warnings. I have attached the screenshots for all below.
-Kiran

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Customer could check Product part number to get the silicon version (the part number with char 'Z' means silicon Rev 1.x), just using below picture as an example:

pastedImage_0.png

The [MK50DX256CLK10] is silicon Rev 2.x product;

The [MK50DX256ZCLL10] is silicon Rev 1.x product.

Your used MK50DX256CLK10 product is silicon Rev 2.x product.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

0 Kudos

kirantujare
Contributor IV

Hi Hui,

I started doing my project in KDS for USB CDC using this link https://centaurian.co.uk/2015/12/23/ksdk-usb-cdc-printf/
I got it working for my board. I want to type on hyper terminal and I am not being able to do that. How do I make scanf work for that? Please reply in your spare time.

-Kiran

0 Kudos