lpcware

LPC11U14 flash area bug!?

Discussion created by lpcware Employee on Jun 15, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 by lpcware
Content originally posted in LPCWare by vostro1000 on Tue Jan 17 08:50:26 MST 2012
Hi! I've been working with lcxpresso 11U14 board but I think I found out a silicon bug :(

I have one part of code written... All runs fine etc... But if I change some variables on my program and try to( debug/write) the executable on lpc the debugger stuck it shows on status at the bottom :

[Download] Page 0 at (00000000/00000400) 1024 bytes

after target configuration process on the download process (and keep on a looping with this values and the debugger act led keeps flashing) till I disconect the usb cable( repower the system) and start the debug/run secton again :mad::mad:.
The codes runs fine but I need all the time to disconect and conect again the board!( For sure I quit debug section before start a new one)
But here come a interesting fact! I'am runnig with no optmisation selected!
But after with I select for the build to have optimisation -O1 this problem is gone I suspect it skip or don't write code on this certain flash area so all start to work fine! No need re-power and etc.. I don't know the next bytes that program grows if it will fail to write on this chip area again.

I alredy tested this several times and the problem apear only on the first scenario!
I alredy tried to full erase chip/page but the problem with first scenario still on!
Any help from nxp support guys!?

Outcomes